News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Locomotives we would like to see in N scale

Started by 1218classa, January 29, 2009, 10:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1218classa

How about some C&O Steam like an Allegheny 2-6-6-6 or Greenbrier?

dtpowell

Anything in Pennsylvania steam would be welcome.
NYC steam. J1 or J3a 4-6-4 Hudsons, Niagara 4-8-4, and a 4-8-2 Mohawk.
B&O 4-8-2 mountain and an EM-1 2-8-8-4.

Williamson

Quote from: johnTom on February 05, 2009, 05:52:20 PM
Quote from: Williamson on February 05, 2009, 11:58:37 AM
Quote from: johnTom on February 05, 2009, 10:09:07 AM
How about Bachmann producing a 4-8-8-2 and a 4-8-8-4 cab forward ...

Tom

Tom,

Not sure if the N scale market is big enough to support two models of these, as Intermountain is doing the Southern Pacific 4-8-8-2 AC-12 (due out this year):

http://www.imrcmodels.com/newsNscaleac12.htm

Mark

Hey Mark,

How about some Beyer Garratt's  4-8-2 + 2-8-4 , 4-8-4 + 4-8-4

Tom

Good call! ;D

StanierJack

What I would like is a good running 0-4-0. I'd love for this to happen, as 009 modellers have little choice in second hand chassis for Locos. I've already remotored a docksider due to this.

Frisco

Will_Annand

Interesting to see that most requests are for Steamers...

Goes to show you we are overloaded on Deisels and shy of steamers.

squeaky_d

I have recently got involved with the Platte Valley Trolley. "http://www.denvertrolley.org/" I would like  to see an open air trolley like that one.   In the same color scheme if possible.

Thanks
Dave Wilson

taz-of-boyds

Yes, more old style US streetcars!  The two axle type etc.  The Brill Bachmann has now needs some more friends!
Charles

1218classa

Olesmokey

Quote from: StanierJack on February 06, 2009, 03:17:16 PM
What I would like is a good running 0-4-0. I'd love for this to happen, as 009 modellers have little choice in second hand chassis for Locos. I've already remotored a docksider due to this.
I agree, Would love to see a 0-4-0 steam Like what they used in or around the coal mining areas of West Virginia. I am working up plans for a small short line of a coal mining area in the WV area. I  already got two 0-6-0's With some of the curves and grades used in this A 0-4-0 would help on the upper of the mining area. 8)
SMARRCo. Short line

1218classa

I wonder if Bachmann would modify their 2-6-6-2 to an N&W Class Z? It probably wouldn't take too much to do it and it would add to the roster of N&W steam that Bachmann makes.

thirdrail

I'll bet Bachmann could find a motor that'd fit in this Ten-Wheeler:

How 'bout it, Mr. Lee Riley??  8)

TCWORLD

That is a pretty locomotive, never seen anything quite like it.
Tom

-~The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time~-

jwoj69

OK STARTING WITH RAILROADS. LONG ISLAND RAILROAD. MAYBE NOT BIG BUT VERY LONG, CONTINIIUOS TRADITION. AS THOUSANDS MSPLACED LONG ISLANDERS, I HAD TO MOVE TO ANOTHER STATE (COST OF LIVING WORK QULITE OD LIVE YOU NAMED). BUT I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER MTA AND LONG ISLAND RAILROAD. YOU BE THE JUDGE IF WE DESERVE RECOGNITION.
PS I JUST BOTH LIFELIKE (SPLIT FRAME, LED, SCALE 5SCEW MOTOR, DETAIL RICH BODY. I STILL NOT SURE WHO IS BETTER, LIFELIKE WALTHERS OR SPECTRUM. I THINK LIFELIKE HAS SMOOTHER MOTOR, SPECTRUM BETTER MORE DURABLE RAILINGS) WITH NEW LONG ISLAND COLOR SCEAM. I THINK THEY KNOW I'M UP TO SOMETHIG.
SO FAT I FOUND YAKI ATLA RS-1 (MACHANO YOUGOSLAVIA) AND MODEL POWER 4-4-0.
AND NOW LIFELIKE GP38-2.
HOW ABOUT NEW ENGINES. P42, NEW PASSENGER DIESELS. NEW VERSION OF TGV. ( JUST TO SAY WE CAN DO IT NOW). LOOK AT KATO AND MICRO TRAINS. TONS OF DESIGNS OF ENGINE WHO WERE MADE ORIGINALLY IN SMALL QUANTITIES. I STILL WOULD VOTE FOR CHALLENGER SPECTRUM 2-6-6-2 IS ONLY 4 WHEELS SHORT. I KNOW YOU CAN GET ANTHEARN, BUT CAN YOU ALL SPEND AROUND $300 BUGS.
IN SHORT. LONG ISLAND RAILROAD, PASSENGER DIESELS, AND 4-6-6-4 CHALLENGER.
DEAR SANTA, DEAR BACHMANN SANTA....
JACK

derricknscaler

iam new here but is there any hand car kits out there ?
if there isent that would be an awsome edition to some layouts :)