News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Locomotives we would like to see in N scale

Started by 1218classa, January 29, 2009, 10:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nollid51

As many have already said, please just shrink the 4-6-0 ten wheeler and 2-10-0 decapod to n scale. While you're at it, the earlier suggestion for a 4-6-0 camelback would be nice too, maybe using the same chassis as the 4-6-0?

Joe

davidone

h81627allegheny

Quote from: 1218classa on February 05, 2009, 07:13:25 PM
     How about some C&O Steam like an Allegheny 2-6-6-6 or Greenbrier?

Now your talkin!  Both of these, the C&O H-8 and J-3 Greenbrier, and the N&W Class A as well!

davidone

I would like to see any of the UP turbines or a UP 9000 4-12-2 or the UP FEF (4-8-4)

Dave

AardvarkMine

My needs, all must be Spectrum quality...

- any 3-truck geared loco
- 10-wheeler
- 2-6-2T or ST with good electrical pickup (both lead & trailing trucks as well as drive wheels) & metal boiler for weight, to act as a reliable switcher or logging loco.  Having one of these custom-built by an expert... so I'm covered.  But where are YOU going to get yours??

Art
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

in_eden

a well running non streamlined 4-8-4 (UP FEF, REading T-1, Milwaukee Road, CB&Q, Santa Fe, NYC Niagra, etc.)
More road names in Heavy Mountain- B&O, NYC with some road-specific details
Someone please make a Heavy Pacific (K4, B&O P7, Southern Crescent)
How about a Hudson that runs? (I.E. Not a con-cor)
Atlantic?

sstol

Quote from: taz-of-boyds on January 29, 2009, 11:32:33 PM
I could use a Pacific in the style of the Western Maryland, and the Ten Wheeler and Russian Decapod...
Charles
I have found the Model Power to be a very nice 4-6-2. About the only one I guess. However it needs at least one traction tire and an eight wheel all electric pick up tender.

skipgear

This picture showed up Friday on the NE Rails Fallen Flags site...

This is my primary request for new steam!!!!!!!!

Medium size, plenty of room in the boiler for a motor, well proportioned loco. Perfect for local passenger or freight service.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

AardvarkMine

All spectrum... painted & unlettered.

logging mallet
any 3-truck geared
ten-wheeler
4-4-0 American (early and late)
2-4-2 or 2-6-2 T or ST
0-4-0

I'm in the wrong scale for "small steam".... what ever made me think THAT was a good idea?  *sigh*

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

heintz

Add a normal K4s and a fully shrouded K4s #3768 - PLEASE!

Quote from: johnTom on April 05, 2009, 12:36:26 PM
I noticed that the prr T-1 is mentioned, I saw nothing here that mentioned of Pennsylvania  railway's  other than the T-1(4-4-4-4) 6110, 6111.What about the following Pennsylvania RR locomotive types.

PRR S-1 (6-4-4-6) 6100,PRR Q-1 (4-6-4-4) 6130
PRR Q-2 (4-4-6-4) 6131,6175-6199 and PRR S2-6-8-6

However, these all look like nice kitbashing projects. Especially B&O RR's The George Emerson ..

Tom

inkaneer

PRR K4 4-6-2 Pacific anfd a PRR I1 2-10-0 decapod.  PRR had almost 600 of the latter and after dieselization many were sold to short line roads in the East.   

gladdragon

It would be great to be able to buy some Australian locomotives, NSW 44 class diesel, 36 or 32 class steam, Victorian B or even some Queensland locos.

RDG_Rich

0-4-0.

4-6-0.

Camelbacks!

How about just an upgraded mechanism for the old 2-8-0? I'd buy TEN.  With all the other quality remakes B-Man has done, the 0-4-0 and the 2-8-0 just dropped off the planet.

johnTom

I would like to see better quality and smoother running locomotives from BACHMANN, I also believe that we require new railroad names added rather than the usual railroad names. I think we are getting tired of usual locomotive railway names like > A.T.&SF,PRR,NYC, Conrail,CNW, CSX,NS, u.p.and others ..

Tom
I like U.S. HISTORY, railroad history.etc...

Tom

skipgear

Quote from: RDG_Rich on August 17, 2009, 12:03:18 PM
How about just an upgraded mechanism for the old 2-8-0? I'd buy TEN.  With all the other quality remakes B-Man has done, the 0-4-0 and the 2-8-0 just dropped off the planet.

I am guessing you are talking about the older Reading 2-8-0 with the huge firebox? That shell will fit over the current Spectrum 2-8-0 with out too much effort. The Spectrum 2-8-0 is still a benchmark loco for N scale steam. The Spectrum 2-8-0 and the Kato Mikado are still some of the best N scale steam made.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950