News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

switch track problem

Started by justinator, February 02, 2009, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinator

Hi, bachmann

I have a problem with my 2 n scale switch tracks i have a inner loop that the switch tracks connect to and when I switvh them to go to the inner loop they cut the power where ever the train is, I have tried everything I need awnsers could you help me?

1218classa

What brand of turnouts are they?

GlennW

It appears you could use a good basic book on wiring your railroad. The simple solution may be to add a couple of feeders to the loop.  It is good practice to supply more feeders to at least 6ft of track.

EZtrak turnouts are power routing. You need to have connections at the bottom of the Y to have power go to either branch of the Y.

James in FL

Please draw a track plan of what you have, highlighting the position of your turnouts and the power feed and post it here as either a gif. or a jpg. or similar.
B'mann EZ track turnouts (switch tracks) are power routing.

boxman

would you need a power feed (terminal track) at each heel of the switch tracks??? I have the same problem. also what does "power routing" mean?...Boxman

James in FL

"would you need a power feed (terminal track) at each heel of the switch tracks???"

No, it's not necessary, but maybe helpful depending on the size of your layout.

The terminal track does not have to connect directly to the turnout, it just needs to be somewhere along mainline before the turnout. (i.e. at the bottom of the "Y".)

"also what does "power routing" mean?"

Power routing means that power will only flow in the direction of the switch points not to both legs of the turnout. Power will only flow to one or the other, either along the main or to the siding/spur, not both at the same time.

Maybe this thread can help;

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,967.0.html