News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-8-0 cable

Started by uncbob, March 30, 2009, 04:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncbob

Well I got the 2-8-0 with sound instead of installing a decoder in my original 2-8-0 as I said I would

Only problem the cable is so stiff the tender wheels won't stay on the track --it rides too high in the front

Before I try and ream out the drawbar hole are there any other suggestions ?

lmackattack

mine has the same issue. I just tried to bend the cable to where it is happy. I use the hole at the far end of the draw bar. the one that is closer to the cab will not work well on tight radius. not only will it pick up the tender but it likes to drag on the ties. you may be able to zip tie it to the draw bar? I have thought about it but have not tried it yet?

Trent

uncbob

Well I loosened the drawbar screw where it attaches to the engine --that seemedto do the trick as it runs OK now--I think I will also ream out the drawbar hole some

Yampa Bob

Adding about 1/2 ounce of weight inside the tender will help. Place the weight in the cavity over the front truck.

Bend the drawbar up or down so it floats in the middle of the tender post. Secure the drawbar to the post by slipping on a short length (1/8") of 1/16" inside diameter silicone fuel tubing.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXD727&P=7

Regards
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

uncbob

Quote from: Yampa Bob on March 30, 2009, 07:30:43 PM
Adding about 1/2 ounce of weight inside the tender will help. Place the weight in the cavity over the front truck.

Bend the drawbar up or down so it floats in the middle of the tender post. Secure the drawbar to the post by slipping on a short length (1/8") of 1/16" inside diameter silicone fuel tubing.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXD727&P=7

Regards

Thanks

rallygsc

The Athearn genesis 2-8-2 had the same problem

one solution I did , I cut the stiff black wire cover off, then I disconnected the wires,

used a better more flexible heat shrink tubing, reconnected all of the wires and it worked,

the 2-8-0 I have, I haven't ran it yet, so if it has the same problem as the athearn did, I will do what I did to the athearn

another thing people were doing was cutting off the tubing and painting the wires black,

just a thought