News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Decoder responds to more than 1 address

Started by Tylerf, March 31, 2009, 06:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tylerf

Just recently one of my ac4400s Has started to respond to many adresses. It started by responding to a close by address but has now almost started to respond to all my locos addresses. It doesn't always do this butithas happens a few times and I've really never heard of this happening?

GN.2-6-8-0

Rocky Lives

Tylerf

A digitrax zepher command station and a super cheif booster in the yard where this happens most. Also it's a digitrax decoder.

Yampa Bob

Hi Tyler
I had a similar occurrence with a DH123 decoder, oddly it was also in a AC4400. Lacking a technical explanation, I considered it a "ghost" address. I now make it a point to remove all locomotives not equipped with Bachmann decoders from the tracks except the one I'm programming (haven't got around to isolating a program track yet).

Bachmann decoders have "service mode decoder lock", I don't think Digitrax does.

Anyway, I reset the DH to address 3, ran it awhile, then changed it to another address. Haven't had any problems since.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Tylerf

Thanks, it's also the same decoder. I do have a programming track as removing my many locomotives was out of the picture but I'll try reprogramming it and see what happens. I almost thought as it is added to many consists that it is just not totally forgotten those consists and sometimes you just suddenly hear this locomaking motor noise that corresponds with the throttle commands.

Jim Banner

The Zephyr (DCS50) and the Super Chief (DCS100) both have command station capability.  To work correctly together, one must be set as a booster.  If both are left as command stations, you can expect weird results.

Normally, the Super Chief would be used as the command station and the Zephyr as a booster (and maybe as a throttle as well) when these two are used together.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.