STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2019, 11:16:21 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  On30
| | |-+  how about this model for a engine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: how about this model for a engine  (Read 3360 times)
Chatzi473

View Profile WWW
« on: February 03, 2009, 10:38:22 PM »

It is k-27 463 in the 1920s before it was rebuild to what it is today. I few other verisons of the loco like this have slopeback tenders and also there where ealier types just like this with out the light generator by the cab and it just had the oil box light. Its different then the MMI k-27s and it can fit other peoples layouts for those who want to kitbas it into something or just have it not lettered different. IT does not look like the Rio Grande engine most people have seen.
Chatzi473

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 10:49:24 PM »

] the very first look of them from 1903-the teens with the slope back theners and compound pistons.

scottychaos

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 12:03:57 AM »

Most steam locomotives, in my opinion, tended to get uglier as they got older..
originally they were often sleek and stylish, then tended to get junky and cluttered as they aged..

the mudhens however are one class of loco that got MUCH better looking as they got older!  Grin
originally they looked very awkward, (mostly due IMO to the extended smokebox..not a good look.) but they improved greatly with age..

Scot
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 12:05:39 AM by scottychaos » Logged

Linzthom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 01:24:33 AM »

Yeah? Nice. Rather have a  HEISLER  !!!!!

Hope the big "B" is coming to the party. Can they tell us: are we going to get one this year?Huh??  Mr Bachman Huh?Huh?? No wahfflingy : YES or NO Huh???. Come on. Let us know
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 01:26:45 AM by Linzthom » Logged

I'm going to live forever; or die trying
Hamish K

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 04:02:57 AM »

For the past two years the new ON30 locomotive or locomotives have been announced at the NMRA convention in the summer. I  would expect the same this year, though you never know. However no amount of asking on this board will change the situation, Bachmann will announce new items at times of their choosing, usually at shows or conventions.

Hamish
Tomcat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 03:46:29 PM »

Thatīs true: The K-27 in their early versions looked pretty ugly. The Mudhens are in fact the only steam engine I know which looked FAR BETTER in their late versions.

Sure: Beein (one half) a D&RGW/RGS Modeller, I would love to have a K-27 beeing produced by Bachmann. But half the job is already done by MMI. To me itīs not clear whatīs going on with MMI as they seemed to have cancelled a certain lot of their announcements...?

But yeah. Linzthom - rather have a HEISLER-!!! Wink Wink Wink
And Bach-man: If you folks donīt want to produce a Heisler next,
what about somethinīdifferent: Another HEISLER....  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Cheers, Tom
superthomasfan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 06:17:31 PM »

So that's what the early K-27s look liked. Amazing  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin
ebtnut

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 01:55:50 PM »

As a general rule, Bachmann now only makes new product announcements at either the Nuremburg show (coming up very shortly) or at the NMRA convention in late summer.  We can hope for something this month, but no gaurantee.  There might also be an announcement at the narrow gauge convention, but not as a general rule.
Tomcat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 02:33:53 PM »

The Nuremburg show actually runs - but I didnīt find any trace of new On30 items.
Bach-man can you help? Is there something new?
A Heisler....Huh? Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Cheers Tom Wink
the Bach-man
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 01:19:34 AM »

Dear All,
Hamish is right- the NMRA Convention will be the venue...
Anticipate!
the Bach-man
ebtnut

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 04:49:49 PM »

Just for the record, I should note that MMI brought in the K-27's about a year and a half ago in both On3 and On30.  Shop around and you can still find them in the $400 range.  They are modeled on the later piston-valve versions.  Doing a slide-valve version shouldn't be overly difficult for an experienced modeler.  The slope-back, Vauclain compound version is another thing entirely.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: