News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Slow speed railtruck

Started by ngbobme, February 06, 2009, 01:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ngbobme

Hi All,

I just joined this forum so I could ask a question about my railtruck. When I purchased it several years ago, it would perk along at a nice, not excessive speed. Recently, it seems to  poke along, barely getting out of its own way. I use an MRC Prodigy Express DCC system. I'm running the model at 128 spd. steps, wide open and just doesn't move out. I am very much an electronics novice, so I haven't done much fiddling with re-programming et al. I have a second railtruck that does seem to be OK speed wise. I am not looking to have these guys running at 100+ scale miles an hour, but it does seem like the first- mentioned should move a little faster than it does. Has anyone experienced or had to deal with this; suggestions?

Thanks,  Bob Bennett

jestor

I think the basic Bachmann decoder only supports 28 speed steps. So your Prodigy should be set for 28 speed steps. Did that make a difference? If not try setting CV 29 to a value of 6(factory setting). Sometimes if you mess with the settings too much this value somehow can get changed and goof things up.