News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

how about this model for a engine

Started by Chatzi473, February 03, 2009, 09:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatzi473

It is k-27 463 in the 1920s before it was rebuild to what it is today. I few other verisons of the loco like this have slopeback tenders and also there where ealier types just like this with out the light generator by the cab and it just had the oil box light. Its different then the MMI k-27s and it can fit other peoples layouts for those who want to kitbas it into something or just have it not lettered different. IT does not look like the Rio Grande engine most people have seen.

Chatzi473

] the very first look of them from 1903-the teens with the slope back theners and compound pistons.

scottychaos

Most steam locomotives, in my opinion, tended to get uglier as they got older..
originally they were often sleek and stylish, then tended to get junky and cluttered as they aged..

the mudhens however are one class of loco that got MUCH better looking as they got older!  ;D
originally they looked very awkward, (mostly due IMO to the extended smokebox..not a good look.) but they improved greatly with age..

Scot

Linzthom

Yeah? Nice. Rather have a  HEISLER  !!!!!

Hope the big "B" is coming to the party. Can they tell us: are we going to get one this year?????  Mr Bachman ??????? No wahfflingy : YES or NO ?????. Come on. Let us know
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

Hamish K

For the past two years the new ON30 locomotive or locomotives have been announced at the NMRA convention in the summer. I  would expect the same this year, though you never know. However no amount of asking on this board will change the situation, Bachmann will announce new items at times of their choosing, usually at shows or conventions.

Hamish

Tomcat

That´s true: The K-27 in their early versions looked pretty ugly. The Mudhens are in fact the only steam engine I know which looked FAR BETTER in their late versions.

Sure: Beein (one half) a D&RGW/RGS Modeller, I would love to have a K-27 beeing produced by Bachmann. But half the job is already done by MMI. To me it´s not clear what´s going on with MMI as they seemed to have cancelled a certain lot of their announcements...?

But yeah. Linzthom - rather have a HEISLER-!!! ;) ;) ;)
And Bach-man: If you folks don´t want to produce a Heisler next,
what about somethin´different: Another HEISLER....  :P :P :P

Cheers, Tom

superthomasfan

So that's what the early K-27s look liked. Amazing  :) ;) :D ;D

ebtnut

As a general rule, Bachmann now only makes new product announcements at either the Nuremburg show (coming up very shortly) or at the NMRA convention in late summer.  We can hope for something this month, but no gaurantee.  There might also be an announcement at the narrow gauge convention, but not as a general rule.

Tomcat

The Nuremburg show actually runs - but I didn´t find any trace of new On30 items.
Bach-man can you help? Is there something new?
A Heisler....??? :P :P :P :P :P

Cheers Tom ;)

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Hamish is right- the NMRA Convention will be the venue...
Anticipate!
the Bach-man

ebtnut

Just for the record, I should note that MMI brought in the K-27's about a year and a half ago in both On3 and On30.  Shop around and you can still find them in the $400 range.  They are modeled on the later piston-valve versions.  Doing a slide-valve version shouldn't be overly difficult for an experienced modeler.  The slope-back, Vauclain compound version is another thing entirely.