News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

UP 4-12-2

Started by RAM, February 06, 2009, 01:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAM

Well I see that you people that have be cring for a U.P. 4-12-2 are about to get your wish.  MTH is coming out with one.  Now all you got to do is come up with $549.95.  It is under $550.00.

SteamGene

Leave it to MTH to come up with either
1.  a locomotive that everybody but the Wizard of Oz has done
or
2.  a one of a kind, special service, little used loco.
Let's hear it for Harrimans!   
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Michael J. Caboose

I believe most of us that wanted a 9000 already know this. Its a shame they are also doing a J, the market already has too many Js.

I can't wait to add it to my collection.

RAM

I think the J is from BLW'sa payoff.  I just know the first question about the 9000 will be if it will run on 18R.

Michael J. Caboose

Oh no doubt about the Js being from the BL case. But they should have sat on them for a while, maybe a year or two. I can still get BLIs for like $150 marked down. Then there is Bachmann as an option which is even cheaper.

I doubt the 9000 will be able to run on anything less then a 28. Could it? I'm sure they have a way of getting it down to something even smaller. I remember someone saying they saw it run at a show and it was something that looked like a 24" curve. 18? I wouldn't place money on that bet. I'm just happy I can get one that is going to be available and for less then brass. There are so many companies making things other companies make, K4s and Js and Niagaras, Big Boys and whatnot. Granted I don't care for the triplex MTH made, who realistically could use it? But a 9000 has been overdue in HO for a long time. I just wish MTH would get rid of their DCS system in the HO stuff. I like my standards thank you very much!  :P

I can't wait to see some video of the 9000 though.  :o

Next up, I need to buy that spectrum 0-6-0 re-release. Thank you Bachmann!