News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Best Friend of Charleston

Started by Pete Stabovitz, March 20, 2007, 07:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Stabovitz

One of Bachmann's competitors is working on an operating "O" scale model of the Best Friend of Charleston (1830). It may be a limited edition with only a few hundred built. We, the Charleston Chapter National Railway Historical Society (CCNRHS) is helping them with the details that may slightly differ between the replica, here in Charleston, SC, and the original that ran in 1830. We are not exactly sure when it will be out, but may be later this year. CCNRHS will probably provide a brochure or pamphlet telling the history of the Best Friend. The company made 5 non working models in 2005 for the 175 anniversary of Southern Railway, with the display of the Best Friend at Wall St, new York, December 17th, 2005. CCNRHS has one of the non working models. The working models will include the coaches, which the non working model did no include. I hope it will come out as a "starter set' with track and transformer.

Pete

the Bach-man

Dear Pete,
Good news!
Wh's doing it? I'd like to get one, too.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Seasaltchap

Peter : As Secretary of said Chapter, could you please post a picture for us all?

Regards
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

ripvanwnkl

Any chance of an HO model/set in the future?  Sure would be a nice companion to the Bachman John Bull set. 
Dave
USAF (Retired)

Pete Stabovitz

Reply to Bachmann and Seasaltchap;  Lionel and I'll see if i can find a picture of the Best Friend or model. Look at our website, http://bestfriendofcharleston.org for a good picture of the replica.