News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Message error

Started by hotrainlover, January 28, 2009, 09:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrainlover

I have tried to contact other members on this board, but I always get this response?.....

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture.

Any Ideas?

Jim Banner

The message feature has never been activated on this board.  It's a pity because most members do not list their email addresses and it is often helpful to contact a member outside of the board.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

smcgill

So thats why I have no messages????? ;)

hotrainlover

Mr. Bachmann,
How hard would it be to have the "powers to be" to activate this feature?

How do we call?!!!

Here I always thought it was the "Stupid Computer!"
:)

richG

If their email is not hidden, I just copy their email address into my email program.

Rich

CNE Runner

I really have to agree with you guys...not being able to contact a poster off-line is the pits. The Model Railroader forum makes this process extremely easy - and I use it when appropriate. Too many threads are left unanswered or become too long in the process of answering...an off-line contact would allevate this. I do not recommend posting your email address! Model railroaders are some of the most honest people I have encountered (and I am a train show vendor that takes personal checks...never been stuck). Are you sure you know who is reading these forums? Do you really want your email spread all over the Internet? No...I think Mr. Bach Man needs to activate the off-line contact feature...it would make life easier. Until that happens, we will have to make due with an excellent forum as it is.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

richG

There is a simple solution. Everyone just include your email address in your profile. Right click on the address and copy/paste into your email program.

Rich