Started by Will_Annand, February 09, 2009, 11:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prr22

You did not even hear the question...
Modeling the rolling hills from Baltimore to Pittsburg

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: prr22 on September 16, 2020, 12:58:35 PM
You did not even hear the question...
So you're not even going to acknowledge that his first action when it comes to asking that question was to dig back to an old thread about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the question and unnecessarily dig it back up just for a question that he easily could have just posted in the General Discussion forums instead? Do you think this is what people normally do?

Cheeky_ULP

Y'all are getting way too worked up and aggressive towards a new member; they didn't do anything malicious or spiteful.

Hi there Sligh12; welcome to the Thomas & Friends section of the Bachmann Forum. As shown earlier, the Bachmann Forum has a general list of rules, code of conduct. Forums are a little different from places like Facebook and Twitter, where the discussion is more organized.

You can make a new topic for any questions you have about the Bachmann Thomas brand. Usually, you can find a general-purpose topic relating to the subject matter you want to quiz about. Posting your question in there can also be helpful, but if you have a specific question that needs answering, a new topic might be better to make. Gravedigging is also discouraged on forums, as the discussions have taken place several years ago, and thus the users involved are more than likely no longer present. For new questions, it's generally a better idea to open up a new topic.

Kemptown Branch

And I'm not entirely sure that it was their choice where the question went. If you look to the right of our names a little bit, it shows "Re: N Scale Thomas." For the person who asked the question, it says "Wanna Discuss Something."

I'm not sure why it would be different, but the same thing happened in another topic on another sub-forum a few days ago.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Chaz

Quote from: Kemptown Branch on September 17, 2020, 08:54:05 AM
And I'm not entirely sure that it was their choice where the question went. If you look to the right of our names a little bit, it shows "Re: N Scale Thomas." For the person who asked the question, it says "Wanna Discuss Something."

I'm not sure why it would be different, but the same thing happened in another topic on another sub-forum a few days ago.

I didn't notice that until you pointed this out earlier.  Thanks for helping clarify, since I was confused as to how/why this thread was brought up again.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Sligh12

What type of topics can be posted here, what things we can post in off-topic boards?