News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N Scale Thomas

Started by Will_Annand, February 09, 2009, 11:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will_Annand

Just wondering...

Now that Marklin has declared bankruptcy, does this mean Tomix will be going down as well?

Why I ask is I have been looking for an N Scale Thomas set.

Wondering if Tomix does go down if Bachmann will pick up the licencing for an N Scale Thomas line?

StanierJack

I doubt Tomix will. They are part of the Tomy Takara group which is a large Toy Firm in Japan.

I'm not sure about the Tomix Thomas, although some model shops do stock it.

Cheeky_ULP

If it does you best buy one now. :P

USAF_Andy

Try EBAY...  Thats where I got my entire N scale Thomas Collection...

derricknscaler

i really want a n scale james with trouble some trucks and scruffey there cool but the only way i can think of geting one is trought ebay i didnt know that some hobby stores in america sell them. which stores?

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: derricknscaler on March 15, 2009, 09:16:30 PM
i really want a n scale james with trouble some trucks and scruffey there cool but the only way i can think of geting one is trought ebay i didnt know that some hobby stores in america sell them. which stores?
Ebay or an online store is your only option.

The Chaz Storm

I don't think we will hear from Tomix anytime soon as in their N scale range.  Their next model was supposed to be Gordon (I know this for a fact), but there are no signs of an N scale Gordon.  Tomix's timeline (Minus rolling stock, buildings and sets):
2000 - Thomas
2001 - James
2002 - Henry
2005 - Percy

We've been waiting for a long time for a Gordon model to come out, and personally I don't think it is going to happen.  I would be shocked if Tomix said that they are going to release Gordon or anything else new to their N scale range. 

James The Red Engine

Hey Chaz, you hear anything about Tomix stopped making Thomas models for good? ???

The Chaz Storm

I don't know, I can't say if they are done for good.  If they were though then I wouldn't be surprised but then again they could surprise us like they did with Percy anytime soon with Gordon.  However, it has been at least four years since their Percy model came out. 

Sigh... I really wanted to see how that Gordon model would have turned out... That range would have been awesome if they added more engines like Edward, Toby, Duck, etc.  But I have high doubts that they would be adding anything after Gordon (If he is ever made that is...). 

Cheeky_ULP

Well due to a 12x24 layout at the club, I plan to get the Tomix engines soon, eventually them all before the stock becomes harder to find.

StanierJack

Quote from: jlschai on September 09, 2010, 11:16:09 PM
try newhallstation.com their in ca ;)

Ok, please stop digging up extrememly old topics, especially if you have nothing of use to add into them.

Sligh12

I want to discuss something related to this forum, i am new here and i want to know the rules of this forum. Can anybody tell me about this?

prr22

Forum rules can be found here.  Don't let the foamers discourage you from asking about or adding to any topic, regardless of age.

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,8493.0.html
Modeling the rolling hills from Baltimore to Pittsburg

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: Sligh12 on September 16, 2020, 03:14:35 AM
I want to discuss something related to this forum, i am new here and i want to know the rules of this forum. Can anybody tell me about this?
Why dig up an extremely old topic that has absolutely nothing to do with the question to ask a question in?!?!