News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wish list for 2010

Started by Casey_Jones, February 10, 2009, 06:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L n N Grandson

bobbie21921

that's for sure Casey.  You know if we don't make some kind of input to get these guys thinking about some odd out of the box things they don't even get to the table to be discussed.  I think that some of these things would be great as Lionel has greatly gone by the wayside in the train business.  I believe that they lost sight of what was truly a great company.  Willimams has definitely stepped up to the plate so that we modelers who do not have a lot of Money can have some prestigious models and awesome engines running on our modest to small pikes.  I for one like to see wish Lists for production cause it tells the Manufactures we are looking and we are paying attention to what they Produce. 

Slap on the back to you Casey
Bobbie Emerson

Fred Brenek

Another suggestion:  Please make a Passenger pilot for the F3's so that both a freight version and a passenger version can have the "proper" look.  Everything out right now has freight pilot.

Thanks,

Fred

MB425

If Bachmann did this I would truly buy it without any questions...

Decorate the GP-38, FP-45, and E units (preferably the GP) as MARC along with matching passenger cars (The Amtrak streamliners will work for me) and I'll be the happiest guy around.

Come on Bachmann!!! ;)

Seaboard Air Line Fan

How about offering just a single F3 "A" unit instead of AA or ABA sets.  Some RRs didn't own "B" units or had very few (while you're at it, paint some for Seaboard Air Line  ;) )

tsched

Desired roadnames for GP9's:

Illinois Central (orange and white)
Maine Central (green)
Frisco
Louisville & Nashville
Illinois Terminal
CNW (with the green correctly covering all the roof)

F3's or F7's  (prefer A-B configuration with optional second A):

Northern Pacific (freight scheme)
CNW (freight scheme)
Chicago & Eastern Illinois
Boston & Maine (blue)

Thank you.

Fred Brenek

This needs a bump.

How about a Union Pacific F3?

Fred

Cobrabob8

I would like to see F3 ABAs in Pennsy tuscan and brunswick green. Also F3s in ATSF freight blue and yellow. GP9s in NKP and Erie paint.
Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

DominicMazoch

How about some Cotton Belt stuff?  Most SSW items were painted the same as parent SP, so you could have a "2-fer"! 9SSW did NOT have U36C's however!)

cpkoltz2002

Scare stripes on the Burlington SD45's,plus maybe a U33C in Burlington colors

Cobrabob8

How about a WBB Alco RS2 or RS3. I am sure that a Williams RS3 would be better than Lionel's version. Equip it with dual motors and true blast and also offer a non-powered unit and that would be really cool! Maybe offer it with about 6 to 10 popular road names such as NYC, PRR, ATSF, UP, etc.
Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

Sunrise Special

A Long Island RR GP38 and non powered FA unit would be nice (In the blue/white wave scheme).  Nobody has done this yet!!!  Considering that the sales of the Lionel LIRR M7 sets have been outstanding....  LIRR combined with the quality of Williams = homerun!!! 

Sunrise

DominicMazoch

SB KCS on SD90 body.  Or a powered KCS, and dummy KCSdeM!

Fred Brenek

One thing I would like to suggest regarding any F3 issues is that you no longer put the "GM" stamp on the back doors if you are doing "new" paint schemes.  This was a Lionel feature in the 50's/60's.  If these are in the Golden Memories line, then by all means replicate the Lionel.  However, if they are to be in the Traditional line and you're doing a more prototypical representation, then please don't put them on.  They are too much of a distraction. (They are very evident and obtrusive on the Penn Central F3's).

Thanks for looking,

Fred