News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wish list for 2010

Started by Casey_Jones, February 10, 2009, 06:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillyreading

How about making GP-30's in roadnames for the northeast railroads?
Reading Lines had a small fleet of GP-30's in the 1960's.

Lee F.

Cobrabob8

I agree. GP30s could ride on the GP38 chasis and trucks!
Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

DominicMazoch

How about SP, ATSF, and GN for GP30's!

Cobrabob8

I would sure like to see an ABA set of scale Alco FAs done in the same black and yellow paint scheme for the Erie Railroad as is being done on the 027 Alco FAs. ;D
Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

r0gruth

First I want to say that I have not read all of the preceding posts.

I do a lot of wishful thinking also.IMHO one of the major draws of Williams trains was the simplicity,the nearness to older Lionel products and the cost.It seems to me that many of the suggestions would add greatly to the cost.I do not like the whistle/horn un-variable pattern either but will accept it if the cost stays low.

New paint schemes on existing locos and equipment should be reasonable however.

Maybe a poll of some kind developed from the many suggestions in the previous posts would be of interest to BBW.
Roger

jpstrainyard

Copied from JP's Wishlist for 2011: Hamish K replying to Jpstrainyard:

Bachmann produced the Peter Witt's in HO, and then introduced them into the WBB range. They have just introduced single truck Birney's into the HO range, so perhaps.....

One item I would like to see made is a GE Steeple Cab electric locomotive. These were used on trolley lines to haul freight cars. With one you could take a freight car from the railroad and run it over the trolley tracks, I have always thought that this would be an interesting operating possibility for a combined railroad/trolley layout.

I would like to see Bachmann expand the recently announced EZ Street track system (the former K-Line Superstreets) to include turnouts  and connecting pieces for other tracks. The EZ Street track system has great potential for trolley layouts

Hamish
Sincerely: JP

jpstrainyard

Copied From JP's wishlist for 2011 - Lee F. replying to jpstrainyard:

A couple of things that I would like to see made; Reading RDC passenger cars in either two or three car sets, and Super Street switches.
Super Streets look nice but must have power supplied every five feet, and need to be cleaned often. I use Super Streets on my layout so I know what problems the system has, due to the tight curve radius only smaller engines or trolleys would normally run on Super Streets.

Lee F.
Sincerely: JP

OGReditor

My wish:  A GEEP in U.S. Army livery.  No new tooling required; just new paint and graphics on an existing GP model. ;D

DominicMazoch

ORG ED:

The RED one with YELLOW lettering?

OGReditor

Yep!  Red one with yellow lettering.

aky13

A two door firehouse that is BETTER than the old Plasticville model.  One that does not look like toy junk and is large enough to back two O scale firetrucks into!

stationmaster12

I like the idea of "upgrade kits" for the diesels and cars. I hope they are listening!!!
Keep God first in all that you do.

DominicMazoch

Coal and hooper tops by themselves for the quad hoppers.

Replacement freight car trucks.

stationmaster12

How about an affordable Acela train set! There is one out there but they want almost $2000.00 for it! Ouch!!
Keep God first in all that you do.