News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wish list for 2010

Started by Casey_Jones, February 10, 2009, 06:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_AA9ZY

One thing I would like to see are crew figures and a view block in the cab of the engines.

I just got an FA-1 pair and BL-2 in Rock Island colors from JusTrains and the only thing I think could stand improvement is what I mentioned above.

Does WBB have any plans to add that to the scale engines?

cfourrier

How about Bachmann selling crew figures (engineer and fireman seated) as separate items for those of us who wish to put them in our locos?  The loco prices would not be increased for the general public as these figures would be bought only by those Model RRers who wanted to put them in their engines.

Include a seat on which the figures can sit and sell as a pair!
I would buy a bunch of them!

Clay

CandO

Please make the Monon F3s. Lionel was going to and cancelled.

Mike_AA9ZY

I think the recurring theme here that WBB needs to pick up is offer these dandy F-3 engines for fallen flag roads that used them.

Monon, CGW, Wabash, Milwaukee Road, etc. These are all railroads that aren lacking these engines. Heck a diehard CGW fan would have an ABBBBA consist or larger. This would be prototypical, FWIW.

Of course that means more powered units or upgraded dummies. I also would offer a matching caboose.

I've become a real WBB in the last few weeks. Sharks, FA-1's, a BL-2, and a CNW heritage engine have all found a home on my layout.

I'm ready for some F-3's now!

3rail

Hi Casey,

Sure we will have them all in the next catalog! ;)

But seriously, we look at all suggestions when we are deciding what to do in the future, but we are not going to show our hand... not even a little.

Regards,
3rail

Casey_Jones

Fair enough,  thanks for listening ;D

hev

How about changing the pressed steel handrails to wire handrails like on the older SD45's and the NW-2's.............................

hev

3rail

Hi Hev,

Changing the handrails is not a simple change. We would have to modify the body shell of each model and make a different floor.  The modification to the body shell would make our investment in paint masks unusable.   Some people prefer the sturdy handrails because they are great for kids.

Going forward we will probably make most new models with the wire handrails like the SD-45.

Regards,
3rail   

NSthoroughbred

Here are the items I would buy from Williams by Bachmann if they were to be produced, and none require new tooling, just new paint schemes on old favorites:

1)    Amtrak Genesis in the current "Wave" paint scheme.  

2)    Metroliner in the later paint scheme with the large word "Amtrak" accross    the front with red above and blue below the large lettering. 

3)    A set of streamlined passenger cars in Penn Central to go with the PC F3's I just purchased.  I think they should be aluminum with either green or black nameplates and PC markings. 

4)   F3 in Norfolk Southern Executive train paint scheme.      

Mister Lee

Here are some of my bad ideas:

(A) GE U-18B, of the sort used by SCL, Maine Central, et al. Most 3 railers have to put up with tight curves, so why not a relatively short-wheelbase locomotive.

(B) GP-15. OK, OK, so the NJ tool company makes one. Just a suggestion.

(C) Maybe an MP-15? I'm trying to think of a short locomotive that could go out beyond yard limits and use the pre-existing EMD Blomburg trucks already used for other Williams by Bachmann products.

(D) Shorty-version  Pullman--Standard Osgood Bradley cars. The New Haven wasn't the only road that operated those passenger cars; so did the Boston and Maine, the Seaboard Air Line, the Cotton Belt and, briefly, the Southern Pacific. They needn't be scale length; rivet-counters would likely shop somewhere else, anyway.

cpkoltz2002

I know I sound like a broken record,but some units in Great Northern Big Sky Blue would be awesome.Some Missouri Pacific units to go along with the BL2,the new Canadian Pacific Golden Beaver scheme.Plus some Canadian National SD45's,SD90's,and Dash 9's.

Fred Brenek

Mr. Bach Man,

Hey, we're all buying the Penn Central F3's and GP38's, so.....

How about making a Penn Central EP-5?  Make it like a later class E-40 with only one pantograph.  Study the photos of them closely, because their lettering and numbering was not symmetrical on both ends.  The number appeared only one end of the unit, but I'm not sure if that was the "F" end.  And, I'm also not sure which "end" the single pantograph would go on.  You guys should have access to much more reference material than I have.

Make more than one number (or just add a dummy) and I'll buy two!

And, while you are at it, consider making a Penn Central scale FA.  You can go with the pure white worms, or you can mix it up with a red and white version one of the units. You could even make a transition scheme out of New Haven one.  This could be fun!

And, since MTH's new B&M F units are such a hit, how about making the McGinnis blue, white and black scheme on the F3's?

I'm just suggesting new paint schemes here for existing tooling.  I like the Williams by Bachmann price and want it to stay that way.

Thanks for looking,

Fred

DominicMazoch

I would like to see a genset switcher.   I don't want to pay $500 dollars for a local/yard engine,  and this is something children of all ages see every day.  Your present GM B-B trucks would work very well!

Mister Lee

Bad ideas: part two

Scale-proportioned CF-7 diesel (They're shorter than most road diesels and they use two-axle Blomberg-type trucks). While the CF-7 was originally a Santa Fe-only engine, they've since showed up on a lot of short lines in the US (And also in Amtrak service in the Northeast) and some are still in use.

douellet

I'd like to see the small Alco FA-2 offered in a few more paint schemes.   Here are a few suggestions:
1. Santa Fe in traditional blue and yellow freight 
2. B&M in blue
3. CN in black, orange, and white
4. Berkshirers and Hudsons in undecorated paint (I love my Berk, but am not a fan of Luxury Lines)
5. F-3 in B&M, MEC, or BAR paint (Williams has done a nice job with BAR units.  I have my Bar GP-9 and BL-2 running on my layout now.)
6. Maybe an upgrade sound board with steam and diesel sounds.
7. How about the K-Line switches that were made by a company that I believe Bachmann now owns
8.  Keep up the good work!