News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wish list for 2010

Started by Casey_Jones, February 10, 2009, 06:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobrabob8

Just a thought. For years we have all operated our Lionel and now Williams, MTH, K-Line, etc. steam locomotives on our layouts without STEAM ERA freight cars. They would need to be traditional sized ofcourse, not true O scale. 671s, 2046s and 736s pulling outside braced wood box cars, composite coal hopper cars, wood side reefers, and so on. If done in traditional size (6464 box car size) I am sure that I would not be the only one gobbling these up for a layout. Any chance on this WBB? I realize the cost involved, but the box cars could probably be done with just new shells and reuse the current frames and trucks.
Cobrabob. ;D
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

phillyreading

How about some GP-60's in the Norfolk Southern roadname?
Are you considering doing any Florida East Coast Railroad stuff? Like SD-70-ac's or GP-50's in FEC colors? While you are at it how about some FEC freight cars or TAXX?
Maybe some Reading Lines or Central of New Jersey would be good while you are considering new items. Other possible items might be freight cars lettered for the Reading & Northern Railroad, it is a regional railroad in northeastern Pennsylvania that is growing.

A few words of interest; the Reading Railroad owned close to 51% of the CNJ in the 1960's and 70's. Also there was the Reading Seashore Lines in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Railroad.

Lee F.

Casey_Jones

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this list. I have seen some really nice suggestions that i never would have thought of.   We have given Mr B and Larry H some great ideas for the future, hopefully they will make some of them a reality.   ;)

MB425

I will say that I REALLY want an Amtrak work train set similar to the ones done by Lionel & MTH in the late 1990s (at least that is the last I know of them being made).

Please give me that Amtrak work train set.

Cobrabob8

Yes, an Amtrak work train would be great. Then every year follow it up with other passenger roads, NJ Transit, etc., etc. !
Cobrabob. :)
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

nkp4me

I would love to see these additional roadnames in the GP-9:

Nickel Plate Road
Erie

I echo the request made earlier for an Alco RS-3. Again, same road names as above. Wouldn't mind seeing a GP-7 either. Thanks

DominicMazoch

The boxcars WBB makes I think are the size of the "scale" ones Lionel made pre-war.

That being said, I can't see why WBB could not put wood and composite bodies on those frames.  Only cost would be for tooling new bods, for the frames could be used.

rrvics

I would like to see 60' aluminum 2-car add-ons for the Texas Special. I bought the engines and the 4-car set years ago and was told the 2-car add-ons wouldn't be far behind. That's about 3 years ago.

I don't understand why you don't make the Texas Special cars. They always sell out fast.

DominicMazoch

I have the 6 car TS set in 15" AL with the mostly red bodies.  NICE SET! Fits the color of y Lion 2245, and W UP Katy Heritage.  I can see why they sell out.  Also, they would good behind the E7's.  Many people do not have the space for the wider curves of the 72' cars!

Casey_Jones

Dominic,

do you have any pictures of those cars you could post?

DominicMazoch

I've posted some of them on the ORG Forum in the photo section.

Casey_Jones

Dominic

Thank you, love the B&W photos, great looking layout, looks like fun.

Sorry to bother you,  but by any chance do you have any color photos of the TS cars? 

DominicMazoch

I usually take B&W because it has a wide range:  a pic may be over or under developed, but you still could get something from the negative.  I also had some Kodak pro film I was burning up because I took some METRORail pics for a contest in TRAINS.  I use the pro film which you develop with C-42 (color) processing.  No need to take to a specail place to get it done.

I've got some 35mm C-41 color to take.  I can take some pics of the TS cars, and the WBB Heritage Katy.

Casey_Jones

Jumijo

A Williams vendor recently commented on OGR's forum that there are some changes coming to Williams Trains for 2010. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Williams has yet to reproduce the Lionel 675/2025. I think that would be a wonderful addition to the Golden Memories line. One with a silver stack and Baldwin wheels.

I'd also like to see some Alcos dressed in the New Haven scheme, perhaps repros of the Lionel 209s. Together with a set of 2400 cars, they would make a great starter set.