News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Command DCC Loco speed

Started by db22, April 02, 2009, 09:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yampa Bob

Jim
Very funny.  :D Guess I could have said "rotate" or "adjust". Actually in railroad terms it would be "set throttle to run 7" or "use the company notch", but I didn't want to sound too "engineerish".

Since you mentioned using a lathe, I have visions of....never mind I promised not to tell. LOL..

Rick, you have to understand Canuck humor. Of course, I don't understand it either.  ???     We say UH?, they say EH?
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

WGL

Bob, your pun reminded of what William Bendix used to say in his 1950s TV series, "The Life of Riley":  "What a revoltin' development this is!"  :D

OkieRick

Bob, all I know about Canada is the water swirls the wrong way if you flush the crapper or watch it go down the drain.

I guess I better go get started on my taxes before the deadline arrives.  I'm stumped though, and TurboTax has no input field for all my new wealth.  I need to know how to declare the 80% of AIG I recenty acquired.  I'll call U.S. Guv'ment tech tomorrow and find out.

Fill your hoppers...

Rick
Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

WoundedBear

Quote from: OkieRick on April 16, 2009, 11:18:59 PM

Bob, all I know about Canada is the water swirls the wrong way if you flush the crapper or watch it go down the drain.

You really need to get out more. ::)

Sid

Jim Banner

Quote from: WGL on April 16, 2009, 03:15:47 AM
Bob, your pun reminded of what William Bendix used to say in his 1950s TV series, "The Life of Riley":  "What a revoltin' development this is!"  :D

"Revolting Development" - does that have something to do with recharging batteries in a dark room??

And OlieRick, maybe I should have bought an American lathe.  The one I have is from Asia, and you have to stand on the ceiling to operate it.  And it doesn't help that all the clocks in my shop are digital (clockwise? counterclockwise?  What's all that about, eh??)
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

OkieRick

"And OlieRick, maybe I should have bought an American lathe.  The one I have is from Asia, and you have to stand on the ceiling to operate it.  And it doesn't help that all the clocks in my shop are digital (clockwise? counterclockwise?  What's all that about, eh??)"[/i]

I imagine you have an Asian lathe for the same reason they started placing them in the shop I worked in - economics, so they said. Little did they know they weren't saving dollars - they were saving some kind of some currency based on the metric system.  As if the whole world except the US was metric system based! The ceiling mounted units are ok as long as you get a verticle station machine - not horizontal. Sorry about your digital clocks - that was my poor choice for an analogy.  Take heart, you could have metric digital clocks.  One last point, "Uh..."

Happy trails to you
Until we meet again.
Happy Trails to you
Keep Smiling until then.

an Okie
Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

grumpy

So which one are you Roy Rogers or Dale Evans  . Did trigger sing?
Don