News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-0 question

Started by azflyer2001, February 11, 2009, 12:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azflyer2001

Will I be able to buy a version of the new Bachmann 4-6-0's with a wood cab (2 windows) and round domes? Will these locomotives come with oil bunkers? How about Tsunami sound?

Travis in Mesa

the Bach-man

Dear AZ,
I'm not sure if sound has been announced as yet, but I believe the answer to all the other questions is yes.
I'll see what I can find out.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

spcrr_satx

Can / will Bachmann offer a version of their new 4-6-0 detailed to resemble a Southern Pacific Narrow Gauge ("Slim Princess") 4-6-0, probably #9 or #8, with the "whaleback oil-and-water tender"?  With a large number of SP fans around, these would be welcome!

Prior to their use on the SPNG in California/Nevada, some of these locomotives were used on the Nevada County Narrow Gauge and the Nevada-California-Oregon lines.  In those situations, they used a "conventional" rectangular tender, probably closer to a generic version.

Prior to the above uses, some of them began their lives in use on the South Pacific Coast Railroad between Oakland, San Jose, Los Gatos, and thru the redwoods to Santa Cruz.  So you see, the "SP 4-6-0" has a potentially good number of number, road name, and paint schemes possible.

Plus which:  "whaleback tenders" on the Slim Princess are just "neat"!, IMHO.  If they were available separately, I might also hang them behind a Bachman 2-6-0 and other locos for "freelance railroading".

Cheers,  SPCRR_SATX
P.S. Glad to see Bachmann at the WGH show in San Antonio this past weekend!

Tomcat

Thank you so much Travis - it´s good to see my older question renewed!
Since I would like to bash a tenwheeler in something a bit RGS´alike, I would
need a lblack undecorated loco with a wood cab plus round domes too!

Bach-man, would be really great if we could have some more details about
the coming tenwheeler. They´re just about to be delivered, am I right?
Can´t wait to have one.

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

Tim

SPCRR

Whaleback tenders are available in 0n30

http://www.locopainter.com/store/product.php?id=90

Check it out.

Tim Anders
Souderton, PA

C.S.R.R. Manager

The most recent ETA I've heard was May. 

Manager

azflyer2001

A Southern Pacific Narrow Gauge 4-6-0 would be really awesome. I believe one way to attract broad gaugers into narrow gauge is give them something they are familiar with. Most are familiar with the Rio Grande and I think that's why it's so popular. Same with the SP. I find it hard to believe that SPNG stuff wouldn't sell well.

My Bachmann 4-6-0's will have wooden cabs, round domes and oil bunkers (if available). They will by lettered for my Bishop Creek and Sierra Railway, a fictional railroad that connects to the SPNG bust below Laws and runs into Bishop and on to the mines in the Sierra foothills.

Travis in Mesa

USAF_Andy

I would throw my name in the hat for a couple of SPNGish 10 wheelers.  I would also be interested in the whaleback tenders...

Frisco

Or you could do a RGS one..... ;D

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The Ten Wheeler is not listed in the sound section of the new catalog.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

mmiller

you could put me down for an SPNG version of the 4-6-0 if Bachmann offered it

I think I'd suggest #18 would be a better choice than  #9 or #8 though...the valve gear, cylinders, steam chests, etc. on the B-Mann 4-6-0 are nearly a dead ringer for 18's running gear, but look nothing like the other SP 4-6-0's
mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge

TrainManRich

Thank you Travis and Tom for bringing this up!

I too am planning on making an RGS 20 'ish 4-6-0 and resigned myself to buying one undecorated engine with the right cab and one with the right domes. Then recombining them for the keeper and an E-Bay strange brew.

But if I can get the right cab and domes or buy them - I'm set and don't have to subject myself to EBay humiliation when I list my wacko combo for sale!
TrainManRich

C.S.R.R. Manager

I would hope that someone will offer a replacement wood cab for this loco, esp. if there is some sort of Tweetsie detail that this model doesn't address.  I used a wood cab from Ken Berlo [Mount Blue Models] when I converted my Forney to a 2-4-0, and found that with some oil paint, it was able to take on a nice varnished look.

Manager