News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Looking for a part number and a price

Started by chancealan, December 31, 2008, 09:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chancealan

Bachmann EMD F9 Diesel drive wheelsets

I have an older Bachmann Chessis System EMD F9 Diesel train that is in need of rear drive geared axels.

The ones that are on it now no longer have the rubber lining around the wheel.  Hence it has no ability to drive forward.  The engine spins its wheels.  :-\

Can someone help me out?  ???
Looking for a part number and a price.

Thank you.

Brian Foster
Hermitage, PA 16148
(724) 301-0401

bevernie

:DGREETINGS!! :oThe "rubber linings" are called "traction tires", and they produce that exact result- traction. They are available at any train shop (SHOULD be... they may have to order your specific ones!!).
You won't have to replace the axle, nor in most cases even remove it!!
                                                                                                THANX!!
                                                      8)                                         Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

Yampa Bob

Hi Brian
If you can't locate replacement wheelsets or traction tires, check out this thread for information about making new tires for your existing wheels.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,7719.0.html

Good luck
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

chancealan

I figured that someone on here could point me in the right direction.  Asking on the Bachmann Trains website seemed to be the best place to start.  Maybe someone else on here will be able to locate me a part number for those traction tires.  It looks like I could use traction wheels on one side of each axel as they are grooved out for the rubber liner.  A same model diesel on Ebay had the traction tires on only one axle, but it was both the left and right sides.
So I don't know if I could use 4 tires and load the wheels up or use liners only in the grooved wheels.  I'll use two to start and see how she runs.

Thanks for the help!

Brian

richG

This guy has them. I have bought items from him  Measure the wheels and email him. He does answer.
Only use rings on the grooved wheel.

http://www.yardbirdtrains.com/YBSMparts.htm

Rich

the Bach-man

Dear Brian,
Give the service department a call next week. They'll have the info you need.
Happy New Year!
the Bach-man

chancealan

I sent in a Service Email last week requesting that information.  ;D
Hope to hear back from them soon.

You mentioned calling them directly.
What is the best number to call and the best time to call it?  :)

How would you describe what I am trying to ask the sales person for so they understand?   ???

ta152h0

if you are good with a razor blade, get a short length of large silicone tubing, like the RC guys use to fuel their airplanes with, and cut a small piece the width of the groove you can install and run your locomotive until you find the right part. I know MARKLIN dealers sell tires for their locomotives and you might be able to jerry rig one. Hope it works

chancealan

Hello, we no longer have these in stock as this is an older engine. The cost of the tyres is $.25 each for HO and $.25 for a pr of N scale. Thanks, Bridget

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 8:56 AM
To: 'Customer Service (cs@bachmanntrains.com)'
Subject: FW: HO traction tires

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am not sure how in the first sentence it states that they are no longer in stock and in the second sentence states a price.  If it is no longer available, then the second sentence should state that there are replacement traction tires that will fit the engine and they are $0.25 each.  Will the $0.25 tires work?  I don't think I got the correct answer.