PLEASE HELP!! New at DCC - Bachmann DCC switches

Started by casper, February 10, 2009, 01:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casper

Hi,

I'm new to DCC nad I have a couple of Bachmann DCC switches and crossovers. I have purchased a NCE DCC system. I can't seem to figure out how to activate and control the switches. I would greatly appreciate any information on the subject. The info that comes with both the switches and the NCE system is very sparse.

Thanks,
Joe.

Yampa Bob

Hi Joe,
We are receiving a high volume of questions regarding programming of DCC turnouts. Since I don't use them I hesitate to advise you, but others will be in who have actual experience.

However, I would suggest that in the meantime, please read and understand the instructions that came with your turnouts and your NCE controller.

You might also use the search feature to find other recent threads on the topic. Type "programming DCC turnouts" (without the quote marks) in the search box.

Regards.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

jowalmer

I'm new too and have purchased several dcc turnouts.  I have no idea if the information I will provide here will be helpful but this is how they work on a Bachmann ez command:

button 9 is the digital address for bachmann dcc turnouts.  after depressing address 9, I then have to activate it by pressing the function key.  on the ez command, this makes the address 9 light flash.  once flashing address 9 is active.  with address 9 active (flashing), the default address that moves the bachman turnouts is address 3. 

If this relates at all to your system, it should work.  If it does, then you can move to the next step and assign each turnout to a separate addresses.  But even after assigning to different address, the ez command still uses address 9 as the main address.  In other words, I have 7 turnouts, each assigned to a different address.  To make them work, I have to activate address 9 then press the address the turnout has been assigned to.

Hope that was helpful.

casper

Thanks for the Information on DCC switches. I did figure it out and it wasn't all that hard. I press the pin in the little hole on the top of the switch. Then I press the accessory key on my command system. Then similar to yours, I assign a number, then a 1 or a 2 to determine if the current switch position is "on" or "off". That's it. To operate the switches I then have to press the accessory key then the accessory number. I can also chain or link several switches together on one accessory number.
Now I'm trying to find out about signals for DCC. Any information on that?

Thanks...