News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-0's

Started by eric719, February 11, 2009, 10:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric719

Are the 2-6-0's being discontinued? I only see the unlettered versions still listed.
Thanks.

Eric

jestor

My guess is that they are not in production anymore. The Favorite Spot still has the black version and the yellow bubblebee version listed for $70.  Some of us still have hope that Bachmann will produce a "modernized" Mogul with DCC (and sound?) in the not too distant future.

Mister Lee

Despite my increasing mogul fleet  :o (My latest one came with the Wonderland Express combine and Wonderland Express observation car), I do hope that Bachmann does put out a DCC version soon.

BIG BEAR

I really love these Moguls. I myself have two Wonderland Express & a Thomas Kinkade. If they do go DCC, I hope they can find a way to keep putting them into the sets, without making the sets the price of O or G
scale train sets.
      I see to keep the costs down the last year or 2 they are not using the Spectrum transformer, in fact I see it is not even listed as an available item anymore. Since DCC is getting so popular, I also noticed some other items missing from previous years catologs IE EZ track magnets. I'm sure they are not going to advertise, nor does anyone, what is discontinued to keep people from begging them to keep making them or threatening to quit buying Bachmann. We do enough begging for silly stuff we may never see in production from anybody. Just a couple thoughts. 

Enjoy,
              Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

railtwister

Quote from: BIG BEAR on February 17, 2009, 05:12:42 AM

I really love these Moguls. I myself have two Wonderland Express & a Thomas Kinkade. If they do go DCC, I hope they can find a way to keep putting them into the sets, without making the sets the price of O or G
scale train sets.
      I see to keep the costs down the last year or 2 they are not using the Spectrum transformer, in fact I see it is not even listed as an available item anymore. Since DCC is getting so popular, I also noticed some other items missing from previous years catologs IE EZ track magnets. I'm sure they are not going to advertise, nor does anyone, what is discontinued to keep people from begging them to keep making them or threatening to quit buying Bachmann. We do enough begging for silly stuff we may never see in production from anybody. Just a couple thoughts. 

Enjoy,
              Barry

Barry,
I don't know about the catalogs, but here's a current link to a page showing the uncouplers:
<http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?page=1&act=viewCat&catId=87>
You are right about us begging for silly stuff, but let's all hope that Bachmann never stops listening!
Regards,
Bill

BIG BEAR

Thanks Bill,
   I forgot to turn to page 2 when I was searching for that the other day.

Enjoy,
               Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

Hamish K

A number of internet shop sites are listing a Bachmann On30 C&S #21 mogul as a new item, apparently to be introduced this year.

I presume this is the current model, re-issued in C&S livery but otherwise the same and not updated. Perhaps the Bach Man could confirm?

Whatever, they are clearly not discontinued!

Hamish

jestor

Hamish, what internet shops are you referring to ?

eric719

Walthers' is showing it on their website.

Eric

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The new catalog has three: the Bumblebee, C&S #21, and the Painted, Unlettered Black.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Frisco

Will #21 have the correct tender this time? I'll get one etheir way.

jim margerum

Mr. BACH-MAN; When will these engines be available? The C&S #21 specifically. This is just a repaint and not a DCC version, that we've all been asking for, I would guess. I'll still take it! Will the new operating coupler/ pilot be on this model? Thanks in advance, Jim

the Bach-man

Dear Jim,
The current availability list says to expect them in September.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

jim margerum

Mr. B; Thanks for the info; September seems a long time for just a reletter job! Is there more to the story than paint? We'll ANTICIPATE. Thanks, Jim

boomertom

Am I correct in thinking the 2-6-0's marketed in "collectible train sets' by Hawthorn Village are indeed Bachmann products?

Are these convertible to DCC and Sound ?

Tom
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)