News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum Transformer

Started by HHRR, February 17, 2009, 02:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HHRR

I may have to replace my 10 year old Spectrum Transformer that came with my Wonderland Express On30 train set.  The transformer is Bachman Item No. BAC-44281.  However, I cannot seem to find one.  I am seeing a Bachman Power Pack & Speed Controller, Item No. BAC-44212  offered by various retailers.  Is the Spectrum Transformer no longer available, and being replaced by the new power pack?

Thanks, Joe

Yampa Bob

Hi Joe
The answers to your questions are Yes, no longer available, and Yes, replaced with model number 44212.

I found one of the Spectrum Magnum controllers about a year ago, but doubtful if there any left from most sources.

I have been told the following is a suitable replacement. I have no personal experience with the Model 1370, however I question MRC's output rating of 18VA. Most controllers in this price range are usually only 1 amp or less output.  Others may comment on the actual output, as some factories like to play games with "VA" ratings.

I have a personal opinion regarding the factory ratings, but I better not comment.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBF05&P=SM

Regards
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Joe Satnik

HHRR Joe,

If you want an exact replacement, they are on e-bay, and if you google "bachmann 44281" or "bachmann spectrum magnum" you will find dealers that have new old stock.

I have new 44212 power packs for sale from set breakups, or 

I can repair your old power pack.

If interested, contact me off line joebarbATwwtDOTnet   Put "power pack" in subject line.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Yampa Bob

The Spectrum Magnum part number is 44-6681. Here is a list of possibles.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=spectrum+magnum+44-6681
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

SideTracked

Arrived today, I just got a new Spectrum Magnum, part number 44-6681, from eBay's thefavoritespot. Bundled with an oval of track it was $21.06 + S&H.  Perhaps they have some more.
Are we having fun yet?