News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

changing stacks

Started by siemer, February 12, 2009, 03:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

siemer

In the absence of detailed directions, I found it a challenge to convert my 2-8-0 from coal load to wood load and from onion stack to tapered stack.  I got it done except I'm left with that long curved wire doohickey that is supposed to attach somewhere but that somewhere is indicated nowhere in the diagram or the directions.  So does anyone know how and where to hook  it on?  Also, in the absence of the onion dome, do I take off the wire thing from the front of the onion dome?  As always, thanks.

jestor

I just cut it off where it begins to curve around the original onion stack, so that the remainder points straight up. Don't know if that's correct, but it looks right. My guess is that it's an exhaust tube from some sort of steam generator.

Coach

Somewhere in the bags of goodies is a generator exhuast pipe that is straight with a slight bend at the top. Pull the curved one straight up and replace with the straight one. If your wire is lost, you can just substitute some wire.

Coach

SideTracked

I was able to change the stacks without too much trouble. The small wire did take a dash if cement. It did take forever to locate the hole and thread the plastic line below the fireman's foot rail. Be assured, there is a hole provided in the cab bulkhead.
The fuel load is a different story... The metal railing assembly locks right in, but the heavy casting of logs is unrestrained and is free to move around, or did I miss something?
Are we having fun yet?