News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis DCC

Started by thedingo, February 15, 2009, 05:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedingo

Just spent all day trying to to get the system to operate. Followed the steps out of the box. Attached the receiver to the control box, the power cord to the control box and then plugged it in to a live wall plug. Immediately both diodes began flashing quickly. Then turned on the transmitter. The screen became active, I pushed the stop button and the diodes continued to flash. I had the power leads attached to the track and the locomtive that came with the set on the track. The screen indicated the default loco, #3, but nothing happened when I applied throttle. Checked the track with a meter and the leads coming out of the power pack and there was no power at either location. Has anyone experienced similar problems? Myself and an engineer could not figure this out and the instructions included with the set are really poor. Now the diodes continue to flash as soon as I plug the transformer in. The transmitter is only inches from the receiver, I even hit the stop button and waited two hours. I am about to return the set to the dealer.

Jim Banner

When you checked for power, did you have your voltmeter set for ac?  The DCC signal is about 15 volts ac.  On dc, you will read nothing.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

pdlethbridge

I read at Al gartner's site that sometimes a decoder is not set to 3, see What cv 1 is, thats the decoders address. If you can't read it then it could be another problem.

Stephen D. Richards

Also the rapid flashing diodes indicate that you are not receiving any signal from the control unit (cab).   Stephen

SvFiat

About the only thing I can think of is maybe the handset is on the wrong address. Go into the the menu in the handset and find "reset to factory defaults" and see if that fixes things. The base address should be set to 0. I've had absolutely no problems with mine since day one. You could just be one of those fortunate people and got a DOA and I'm sure your dealer will replace it without any quarrels.

Have Fun

thedingo

Thanks for all the replies. We will check them all out. There was no indication of low batteries and the signal strength was showing as strong. We will check for the AC current and will go back to the dealer and see if it will work there.

pdlethbridge

quote from hunt:    CV Read is not a feature of the basic Dynamis DCC system.

That is why I said:  If you can't read it then it could be another problem.

The Dynamis system is more expensive than my NCE "Power Cab, but I can read CV's

Jim Banner

Quote from: mtlatc on February 16, 2009, 12:17:28 AM
nice that you can read...any help?

Seven guys working on the solution and one wanting to know if being able to read is helpful.  The first seven I can understand ...
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

thedingo

Thanks again. Took the system back to the dealer (Kleins in Baltimore). He said the receiver was bad and replaced it. The system is up now although our old track has some shorting problems. I think we have it under control  now and look forward to better operating sessions. ;)