News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spare trucks for Fn3?

Started by tac, February 15, 2009, 02:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tac

I wonder if Bachmann will ever make the trucks they use on their Fn3 rolling stock available to the scratch builder?

Or the couplers, for that matter.

I go ahold of a tank car that had had an unfortunate meeting with a powered tailgate, and only those parts were really useable, and IMO they are the equal of anybody else's versions.

The are now underneath, and on the ends of, a scratch-built flat/low-sided gon, and they sure do look pretty!

I'd buy twenty sets, if only I could!!

tac
www.ovgrs.org

glennk28

I would agree on the trucks, but why would anyone want those couplers?  They do work well, but really look terrible (I have experience "up close and personal" with the full size couplers).  For an operating knuckle coupler, I like the Accucraft---but wish they'd make one with a shank that would be compatible with the Kadee 830 and Bachmann box.  gj

Jon D. Miller

In reference to the couplers.  To each his own.   ;)

The couplers and coupler pockets are available.

Item No. 88011  Straight Shank Coupler
Item No. 88012  Offset Shank Coupler
Item No. 88013  Coupler Pockets with Screws

Having the trucks available would be a big plus.

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

tac

The reason why WE like the unpopular couplers is that they don't look TOO bad, and because they are too big, as you point out, they are easy to manipulate for people with learning and other motor problems/difficulties who come and play on my track, including my daughter, who has cerebral palsey and hydrocephalus.

Now you know my guilty secret.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

glennk28

but the other ones--with the better contours--work just as well--g