News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-6-2 plug and play decoders

Started by CustomRCmodels, January 17, 2009, 12:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CustomRCmodels

Dear Bachman , ( or to anybody knows the answers )
I just received my 2-6-6-2 and have to say , it's an awesome looking locomotive and it runs very well ( so far tested only without a DCC decoder ) ..
But I am also a little disappointed about the size ,
I had expected this locomotive would be even bigger ...
Anyhow
My question is now in regard to DCC decoder installation .
I see that the 2-6-6-2 uses a plug and play arrangement like Aristocraft ,
Therefore as driving-only decoder the Digitrax DG583AR should fit as a plug and play decoder ..
How about a combined sound-decoder ?
Is there any decoder type / model Bachmann recommends to be used with the 2-6-6-2 ?
I would like to take advantage of the 2 chuff-sound pickups and also would like to find a plug and play board which does it all ...
Is there such thing ?
If not which decoders for sound and which decoder for driving is recommended

Thanks a bunch
regards

Willy
CustomRCmodels
Willy
CustomRCmodels

Heinz D

Yes, the all-in-one solution is the MX 690 combo sounddecoder from Zimo. Zimo works on every NMRA DCC System. It's the high end brand in Europe! I'm working on two finescale version of Mallet sounddesign for this Zimo sounddecoder.

As soon as I get my item of the Mallet I'll finish the project and the Sound will be avalable from Zimo.

Version one is the Mallet Compound sound. You hear the exhaust from the frontdrive because steam ist working in serie (compound) in the zwo drives
Version two is the asynchrone chuff after the power upgrade to a simple articulated in the early 40ties. Each drive get the steam directly from the regulator and has his own exhaustpipe. You hear a terrible chuff like a double header.

Single chime and Multichime whistle, airbellringer or swingbell, generator, coalshovel, waterinjector, blower, airpump, cylinder blow down, wheelscreech in curves, water fill in, popvalve, Breakscreech.
12 functions operating by the engineer, 3 inputs for automatisation of effects by the trackwork,

Exactly working virtual chuff without any problems by different trackvoltage, no dificult triggerinstalation is needing!

V Typ is designed for chuffing smoke units. 2 wires to the heater and 2 wires to fan. The decoder is regulating the heating between a small smoke in the waiting engine, full power heating during decreasing speed a smaller smoke during a drifting phase.
The smoke chuff comes exactly at the same time as you hear the chuff.

no another electronic is needing.

Look at the price. You pay not more as for a Phoenix sound, but you get them all, the sound, the decoder, the trigger and the smokeunit electronic - it's really an all-in-one.

Ask Mr. Axel Tillman how to buy in USA.
http://www.train-li-usa.com/store/index.php?cPath=83

Ask me for a little mp3 to lsiten what your Mallet can be!!!!

Sincerly
Heinz

Peter O

Heinz, sounds pretty cool. Can all the selections (whistle option ec.) be made by CV or do you need a proprietry programmer?

Please post a link to the mp3 if the Bachmann permits.

Peter.

Heinz D

Hi Peter,
you can set all by CVs with your DCC. The detail adjustements of the sound is made for programming on the main, not only with exhchange of CV values, but you can during running your engine change to the Zimo incrementel programming mode of this decoder family. The programming mode is very comfortable. You'll change in the way like one up, one down, like the volume controll of your tv. Please look at www.zimo.at . The webiste is on the main a german language website, but most of the important things like the pdf booklet to the MX 690 is for download in English too. Zimo has a very fast support and they are absolutly able to help you in English too. 

Maybe a little help for you. If you have changed your CVs in a wrong way and your no more able the find the way out. Set CV 8 value 0 enter and the decoder is doing a reset back to my project.

I'm still awaiting my item of the Mallet to finish the project.

Heinz