News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Customer Service

Started by bobc2443, February 16, 2009, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlii

Quote from: charlii on February 18, 2009, 10:22:19 AM
I mailed a defective N 2-8-0 Spectrum  #81174 to Bachmann on 01-20-09.
Bachmann received package 8:52 am 01-22-09. I have emailed Bachmann service department twice asking when I would be receiving repaired locomotive. I have tried calling each day for past week, only getting an answering machine asking me to speak louder. I own over 50 Bachmann locomotives, both N & HO. This is the first time I have had to deal with Bachmann's service department and I hope my last.

Finally, after 7 weeks of trying, I talked with a real person at Bachmann.
She, (whoever she is), was very nice, courteous and spent several minutes trying to locate my returned locomotive. She informed me of the tracking number and said the repair people were working in the 100 series that my tracking number was located. That I should receive the repaired unit in at least a couple weeks. BTW I got the actual person by calling Bachmann parts and the person I talked with there, transfered my call to a live person insted of an answering machine.

hhughes

>:(and the hits just keep on coming....My Williams engine arrived at Bachmann for repairs on February 17th via UPS. This is after trying for several weeks to get an e-mail or telephone response as to just how and who to send it to. I waited two weeks and got through after several attempts on March 4th and tried to get a "status of repair" on the unit. Per the lady that I spoke with it hadn't been checked in yet and she wasn't sure that it was there. That's pretty sad in itself to have something sit for 2 weeks and not know if it's there or not.
I called again yesterday and was told that it had been checked in on the 16th, so I asked when I could anticipate seeing it and she told me that it would take 6 more weeks as they have a backlog.
So that means that I'll get it back sometime around the first of May. That's incredulous. These people do not return phone calls or e-mails and then they insult the customer even more by making you wait two and a half months to make a repair. Hey, at least call and let someone know the status of their work.
I'll never deal with Bachmann again.

trainmaster971

I have had only one occassion to use customer service at Bachmann and was pleased with their service.

The beginning of December I took out my old GS-4 Daylight and Athearn passenger cars to run under the Christmas tree.  When I put it up I had forgotten that the drive wheel had broken.

I contacted customer service and they said to returned the loco for replacement.  They were very helpful and gave me a time frame of 4 to 6 weeks before I should expect the replacement.  I told them that I had intended to have it operating under the christmas tree and the lady said that they would do their best.  The replacement arrived the week before Christmas (three weeks).

Rangerover

I sent a loco back  thursday march 19 for repair. I called first and they told me it would return in 4-6 weeks! LOL I always add 2 weeks! but this my first return to Bachmann.

3rail

Dear All,

The name calling posts have been deleted.  Keep on topic please.  We have used and are using these posts to make improvements to our Customer Service Department.  The months following the Holidays are always the busiest so a backlog usually grows. 

We will continue to make improvements when possible.   Your constructive comments are welcome.

Regards,

3rail

bevernie

;DGREETINGS!! Well, I told you that my next post would be when I heard again from BACHMANN, so here it is!! They promised that by April 8, my engines should be repaired, and they arrived in the mail today! :o
      The only problem is that they changed the roadname on one of the engines without calling me, but that's not a biggy.  ::)(That may have been the only roadname available in that engine at this time!)
      Now, I've got to find a caboose that goes with a C.B. &Q. R.R. ENGINE!! ;)
                                                                                        THANX!!
                                                       8)                               Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

boomertom

Quote from: 3rail on March 24, 2009, 05:30:46 PM
Dear All,

The name calling posts have been deleted.  Keep on topic please.  We have used and are using these posts to make improvements to our Customer Service Department.  The months following the Holidays are always the busiest so a backlog usually grows. 

We will continue to make improvements when possible.   Your constructive comments are welcome.

Regards,

3rail

I wasw a disgruntled consumer frequently during the saga of my E-Z Command and at the end of four weeks was very discouraged, more so by the fact no one could find the Controller. I then was given a suggestion that I ask for Bridgit and left her a voice mail ;then tried the 800 number and was transferred to supervisor when I expressed being upset that after four weeks no one could even find the E-Z Command.

Things moved very quickly at that point and I received a new E-Z Command the next day.

#rd rail, I am delighted to hear that our experiences are being g used to bring improvements to CSR.

Tom Blair
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

hhughes

>:(It's not over yet.  Bachmann received my Williams steam engine for repair on February 17th per UPS and I still don't have it back. When I called today, I was told that it's "in the queue, I can see the order". I asked him to say hi to it for me and tell it that I missed it. No timetable for it's return however and no, they don't bother to contact you either via e-mail or call, it gets there when it gets there.  What a way to run (ruin?) a business in today's economy, great customer service. 
I'm glad to hear that others have had success in getting their repairs done quickly and returned.
You'd like to think that someone in the customer service group would at least give you a n apology for the job taking so long, but with this bunch that;s hoping for too much.