News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Layouts

Started by jowalmer, February 21, 2009, 12:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yampa Bob

The thing I enjoy the most about the hobby is everyone's eagerness to share their ideas, successes, problems, even failures, to help others learn, especially so on this board.  8)
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

bevernie

;D GREETINGS, LARRY!! YES, I am VERY familiar with SLOCOMB!! I went to YOUTH CAMP in HACODA and met some folks from "down home", including the Slocomb area. Terry Davis was my "girlfriend", (though I SERIOUSLY don't think it was mutual!!) and I knew some other folks from Slocomb!David Williford married (Donna) another girl  knew from Slocomb. He has a sister, Paula, whom I also liked! Do you know any of these folks? :o
    Perhaps one of these days I'll find a reason and be able to come down! I'd really like to go visit Ferrell Murphy in Enterprise, and see if he'll let me copy some of the tapes that he's got (of THE GOSPELAIRES)!!
                                                                                                THANX!!
                                                               8)                                 Ernie

www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

glsummers

Ernie,
If you ever get down this way; by all means look me up. We can talk about music and of course trains. Call me at 334-494-5945 if you come near. That invitation goes out to all who love the hobby as I do. You are always welcome at our home of the Salamanca Branch of the PRR. Larry

trainmaster971

Jowalmer,

Atlas has a large layout book that has other that 4' by 8' layouts.  I have noticed it come up on e-bay ocassionally. I think that it has a couple of "L" shaped layouts that may meet your requirements with a little modification. Model Railroader has also run numerous layout plans. I will look in the 15 plus year pile that I have and try to find one for you.  If I do I can scan it and post it here for you.

Larry & Ernie,

I am in Montgomery and would enjoy the company and ideas for finishing my oversized (11'x36') layout. If there are any others in this area you are welcomed as well. Phone 334-288-4847 on evenings and weekends or espee-ben@charter.net.

bevernie

;DGREETINGS, TRAINMASTER! :o THANK YOU for the cordial invitation, but please understand that, though I LIVE in ALABAMA, I still EXIST in NC, where my wife lives!! :P Salem is only about 60 miles east of Montgomery, so this SMALL WORLD is getting SMALLER!! ::)
   BTW, what is your name? ???
                                                                                        THANX!!
                                                     8)                                  Ernie

trainmaster971

Knee deep in Model Railroad Magazines right now looking for layouts. Ben

SteamGene

You know, I was in Bessemmer back on 3-4 Feb.  Sister and brother in law and their beagles. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

bevernie

;DGREETINGS!!  :oWOW, GENE!! YOU are one of the FAMOUS ones that I would REALLY like to meet!! -And to think, you were that CLOSE!! WOW!!
Where are you from, anyway??   ???                         
                                                                                            THANX!!
                                                           8)                                Ernie

SteamGene

Ernie - I'm an army brat - you want the short version or the long one?  :D  But I did go down to Dothan (Ft. Rucker, actually) back in summer 1964 to see my girl friend who'd just returned from Germany. 
Short answer, I live in Hampton, Virginia and have for more years than I can believe. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"