News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

big boy

Started by sp4449, February 21, 2009, 01:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sp4449

do you think bachmann will make a ho scale union pacific big boy?

Yampa Bob

I doubt it, Bachmann is not known to duplicate the efforts of other manufacturers.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

sp4449

we would kinda think that the would since they the 844 and more famous like the 4449 or the freedom loco that they would

Woody Elmore

I agree with Yampa Bob - there have been others who have produced Big Boys and I doubt that, with the economy the way it is, Bachmann would take a risk in producing what is basically a niche market item that has already been produced. Especially since guys would want it with or without DCC, capable of taking 18 inch radius curves and be cheap.

SteamGene

There are already far too many models of the Big Boys on the market.  Ask MTH.  BTW, only UP had a Big Boy, and not many of them at that. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Santa Fe buff

M.T.H. is ALWAYS trying to start trouble with BLI! BLI makes a Big Boy, M.T.H. wants to do so too. BLI makes a J series for N & W, M.T.H. releases one a couple weeks ago.

Sorry, no Big Boy, I think there are about 5-7 makers of the articulated monster...

I really can't understand exactly what your trying to say... I can figure out the general thing your saying, but please try for better grammar. Also, download the Google toolbar. It's free and it has an apt for Spell-Check that checks all texboxes on a said web page.

I think your saying that you wish they would make 4449 in her Freedom Train; Black Business (BNSF); and Daylight schemes? If so, then M.T.H. already makes her in all of her schemes...

Good luck, and sorry for any misunderstandings.
Josh
- Joshua Bauer

SteamGene

I have to agree with Josh, even though he should have written "you're," not "your."  :D OTOH, even the pros mess up.  This from the March MR, page 84, third section:
The Y3a was based on the United States Rail Administration's 2-8-8-2 design, but Walthers models the N&W class Y3a. 
Then it goes on to say the model closely matches the USRA 2-8-8-2. 
Duh. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

BIG BEAR

Speaking of Big Boy, I wore my Big-Boy sweat shirt to the train show today and as I walked in some cute young lady at a booth says (in a sexy voice) " Hey there Big boy." I just winked & said "ya, you know it." just before I was knocked off my feet by my wife, & they BOTH laughed.

I just can't win,
             Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

sp4449

i heard that BLI makes pretty good big boys

kevin2083

don't forget the Revell version  :D I got one for parts.
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

Frisco

Quote from: sp4449 on February 22, 2009, 01:25:56 PM
i heard that BLI makes pretty good big boys
Not anymore. They were part of the tooling trade with MTH. I'm shure MTH will realese one soon.

sp4449

how much did the big boys cost when BLI was making them?

GN.2-6-8-0

Quote from: sp4449 on February 22, 2009, 09:20:03 PM
how much did the big boys cost when BLI was making them?

The Blueline version is listed for $469 on their website. They also announced a Brass unit for around $3000 though I'm not sure it was ever produced.

Rocky Lives

sp4449

if you want a big boy for some what a cheap price what people recommend and by what brand?

SteamGene

Your language arts teacher would have a heart attack seeing that grouping of words! 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat