News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

big boy

Started by sp4449, February 21, 2009, 01:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa Fe buff

Mine would (I quote her...) say, "Where's my speeding train?". She does that when she's aggravated...

steamgene,
idonotknowwhat"properlanguage"is, pleasehelpme!

Good luck on that one. Also, I think they re-state it because halfway through the article, people realize there is an article on how to make a gravel pit scene and read that. When they return to the Y3a article, they forget if the model "closely matches the URSA 2-8-8-2". Then everyone goes, "Oh yeah, I knew that." They all think this, "When did Proto 2000 Heritage start making steam locomotives?"

sp4449,
I have my guess on Rivarossi and Revel... I have absoutely no clue, I'm falling on whoever corrects me. ;D

Josh

- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

Revell is an unpowered plastic kit that does not move...
Alex

Santa Fe buff

GG,
It's likely the cheapest then... Go figure, you'll never see a moving thing from Revell...

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

Conrail Quality

Revell imported Arnold-Rapido's N-scale line way back in the day. And, yes those did move, so there have been moving things from Revell (at least in 1/160).

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

SteamGene

Didn't Revell make some freight cars to go along with the many structures it had when it was active in HO?  But yes, both the Big Boy and the NYC Class J Hudson were static models. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Santa Fe buff on February 23, 2009, 09:39:42 PM
GG,
It's likely the cheapest then... Go figure, you'll never see a moving thing from Revell...

Josh

Revell marketed a complete HO RTR engine sets as well as rolling stock

http://www.hoseeker.org/revellinformation/revellcatalog1956cover.jpg

http://www.hoseeker.org/lit.html

Pacific Northern

Santa Fe buff

That's pretty neat... I think that was unexpected, I guess you will see a moving thing from Revell...  :-X

Thank you for the picture Pacific Northern. :)

Josh
- Joshua Bauer