News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Broadway Limited's Cab Forward

Started by chuff_n_puff, February 22, 2009, 07:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuff_n_puff

I noticed there is $300 difference in the price of Broadway's Cab Forward if you get a DCC with sound, instead of the Blue Line, that you would have to put a decoder in, if you go DCC. A decoder is not that much! Are they the same train? If not, what is the difference?

Tylerf

Blue line is their plastic division. I believe broadway is brass

adari

Quote from: Tylerf on February 22, 2009, 08:14:33 PM
Blue line is their plastic division. I believe broadway is brass
No that is wrong.blueline has amazing modeled models. they are cheaper because of some materials. second of all the blue line cab for ward is a ac4/5. the regular model is the famous version( at least more famous ) ac 12. there decoders on the regular line have a few more features. except older models. Blue line are really good but there is a small differance. the regular line is not brass. some stuff is though

adari

chuff_n_puff

Adari, Are you  saying that there is $300 more train in the higher dollar one? I don't mind paying the difference, if there is $300 difference in value. Thanks for your info!

Tom McDonald

After checking BLI's website delivery schedule, the PCM AC-12 locomotive has a delivery schedule leadtime of TBD (to be determined) (unless you have access to one from a previous run).  This usually means possibly a two year leadtime or project cancellation due to a potential lack of pre-orders.  With that in mind, the decision to buy the Blueline AC-5 may be made up for you. Either way the specifications and features iof each model type are listed in the website which may give you an insight to the price difference.
I have several locomotives of both the blueline and BLI's other series (Paragon and Precision Craft), and while there are differences, ie. the sound systems, etc., I am pleased with all of them.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.
Regards,

Tom