News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Larger On30 Shay

Started by ShayNut, February 23, 2009, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linzthom

Simple really !! The engineering just needs to be rethought and the Big B just  needs to use brass gears and couplings. Ghod knows, we are paying enough for these models so a few brass bits will be cheaper for everyone in the long run.
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

n11525re

Why not do a WSLCo Shay?

They had quite a long, prominent career, they still exist, some still operate, and there is already a long-established
fan base of photographers, historians and rail buffs themselves following the West Side.  I myself am planning a trip down there to just look at some rotting wood and rusty derelict car remains. An On30 version of a West Side Shay would have plenty interest from the West Side fans, and those creating operations based on the West Side. Then of course, it would make a nice logging loco in general, whether modeling the West Side or not.  I myself am modeling the West Side in On3, and have not purchased a locomotive (not until track wiring is complete), and I would be more than happy to purchase a Spectrum version of one the WSLCo  Shays- especially if it were modifiable into one or two of its enginehouse mates. Double that if it is reasonably simple to convert to On3!

...just another opinion....... 8)

Tomcat

I definitely support this idea!!!

I can´t add much more as already said by n11525re: Why not do a West Side Shay, easily convertable into On3 to double the market you can serve!!! The interest in West Side Modelling is widely spread - and their engines are popular since they still live on as Museum displays and Tourist Train attractions - Yosemite Sugar Pine, Georgetown Loop just to speak of a few... ;)
And don´t forget about a Heisler - why not WSLCo No. 2,3 or 4..?

Cheers, Tom :) :) :)

sd90mac

Even though there were only 1 or 2 (IIRC) of them built in narrow gauge, I want an ON30 Pacific Coast Shay, and there were no narrow gauge ones but I want a 4-truck Shay too.