News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bli gg1

Started by adari, February 23, 2009, 08:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adari

I just noticed bli cancelled there gg1. I wanted that. just want to put it out.

Dr EMD

ORMAND BEACH, Fla, AUGUST 15, 2008 – Broadway Limited is pleased to learn of the settlement of a long-running lawsuit between its primary manufacturer, Model Korea Trading Company and Mike'[s Train House (MTH).  While Broadway Limited was not directly involved in the suit, the company cooperated with the settlement to ensure the financial health of its supplier.  As part of the settlement, Broadway limited delivered 5 sets of tool for some of its older products to its manufacturer in exchange for 5 new tools to be delivered at a future date.  The first of these is the HO Pennsy I1sa, which will be delivered next month. 

The tools involved are the HO Union Pacific Big Boy, HO Pennsylvania GG-1, HO Alco PA and FA diesel and HO EMD F3/F7 diesel.  Broadway limited will no longer produce products made with these old tools, but would not rule out creating updated version of these products in the future.  No other products are affected.
Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

Santa Fe buff

I think I can find some pre-discontinuation pictures, but until then, I can only guess how wonderful it looked. Anyway, either they just simply discontinued the product or sold the tooling to another company. M.T.H. appears to have gotten a good amount of tooling from BLI but aren't as detailed. Anyway, for my pocket, give me a Bachmann Train any day! ;)

Here's a neat link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9frrKvWbgw

Josh

- Joshua Bauer