Simulator? Who needs a simulator?

Started by Joe Satnik, March 16, 2009, 10:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Tom Lapointe

Well, the article said he did learn on a simulator! ;)

Lucky thing he didn't meet another train  :o or clobber someone at a grade crossing. >:(

Sounds like him & his partner were not "the sharpest tools in the shed". :D

The article also mentioned that CSX "was reviewing their security procedures"  8) - I think that might be a good idea! ;D           Tom

pdlethbridge

Let me guess. His brother was an only child! ::)
Every family tree has its sap! :-[ :-[ :-[

Yampa Bob

So the guy jumps into the locomotive and says: "Simulator? I don't need no stinking simulator".

Fortunately no one was injured or killed, and the guy (and his "friend") should be severely punished.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Jhanecker2

I think Both of these "gentlemen " should be provided with time to reflect upon their actions ,  about 15 to 20 years of hard labor .  Railroads should have much better security But that applies to a lot of industries.

CNE Runner

A little off topic...but related. I understand, from one of the gamer kids that inhabit our neighborhood, that Microsoft is shortly going to release the latest edition of MS Train Simulator. Apparently a couple of the "wheels" in Seattle are train simulator guys and have reserected the project.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

Yampa Bob

I noticed a forum on a program called "TrainSim", I think that's the name. Those guys are fanatics. 
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

BestSnowman

Quote from: CNE Runner on March 19, 2009, 05:30:48 PM
A little off topic...but related. I understand, from one of the gamer kids that inhabit our neighborhood, that Microsoft is shortly going to release the latest edition of MS Train Simulator. Apparently a couple of the "wheels" in Seattle are train simulator guys and have reserected the project.

That is interesting to hear because the last I had heard the team responsible for Train Sim and Flight Sim had been layed off and both delayed indefinitely. It would be nice to see it finished though.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

Paul M.

CSX, nonetheless, is reviewing its security procedures. ''There are serious consequences to stealing a train,'' CSX spokesman Gary Sease said.

Serious consequences? Darn it...

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific