News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N scale track

Started by Olesmokey, February 27, 2009, 10:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olesmokey

The track that came with the steam engines has roadbed already on and I see you do sale certain pieces to go with it but I need some of it to work with flex track and am wondering how much difference will it do to the track IE.,Jumping track How much drop or height is there from using roadbed and atlas 80 flex track. I don't remember seeing any flex for that track you sale. It is sweet But need to be able to make tighter radius and 3-4 degree climbs. Thats coal mines for you. By the way This layout is going into a motor home sidebox and I have a 30X36"with about 8 inches of height. Fun for sure!!will post pic's when i start it up, O'le Smokey
SMARRCo. Short line

the Bach-man

Dear Smokey,
Cork roadbed will raise your flex track to the correct level.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

James in FL

A safe assumption would be that all roadbeds are not created equal in height. Different manufacturers have their own specifications as to the thickness and tolerances of their product.

AFAIK the MNRA has no standard for roadbed whether it is cork, foam, plastic, or other. Nor do they have a standard for ties.

I can only speak as to EZ track mated to Atlas code 80 utilizing Midwest cork roadbed. (EZ track is code 80)
Although the rail head will be at the same height, the Atlas/Midwest side will require about .040 - .045 shim at the joint.
Use a gradual vertical easement between the roadbed and bench leading to the EZ track.

Good luck.