Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How to install ESU Sound on 2-6-6-2

Started by Udo, February 27, 2009, 09:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Udo

Hello all,

I am new in this forum.

I am a German who lives in China close to Shanghai.

Earlier in Germany I was a fan of G track (LGB). Here in China, I found out, that Bachmann is here.

So I started my old hobby with the equipment of Bachmann.

First I purchased a stater packes (Bachmann Circus train), which was well working on the enclesed circle, but did not satisfy my whishes.
Then I have seen in the Bachmann shop Shanghai an "American 4-4-0" which I immediatetly bought.

But that was not working on the narrow radius added to my circus tarin. So I had to buy LGB tracks "R3".

Later I had a trip to Germany and bought some control unit from "Lenz" and some decoders from ESU.

After installing that, the two locos were running very well with DCC.

But, now, the "Bachmann Fever" got me.

I have besides some wagons purchased a K 27 and a Mallet 2-6-6-2.

Because i want to use ESU decoders only, I have ordered some ESU Loksound XL via a dealer in Hong Kong. He is a good guy and very helpfull.

The decoders did not yet arrive and I am waiting for that.

Meanwhile I looked in the internet how to install that devices in the Bachmann locos.

The K 27 seams not to be a problem. Bachmann has a nice instruction for that.

But, as I unpacked my 2-6-6-2, I found out, that there is some difference in the dummy board.

So I have some question:

can I install the ESU Loksound XL in the same way as in the K27 (that menas using the additional prewired board and connect as described for the K 27)?

May be somebody has made some experience with that stuff.

There is another question regarding the K 27.

My loco does not have any track power supply in the tender.

Only the loco itself gets the track power.

I have bought this one about two month ago in Shanghai Bachmann shop Wuding Road.

Has that already the new counterweights ?

Thanks for anybodiesw help in advance !!

Udo

Dave

Gidday UDO,
            I have a friend who has just moved to Shanghai as a University Teacher.  What are the prices of Bachmann and other "G" Gauge  Trains as compared to USA. If they are cheaper I will ask him to get me some Skeleton Log Cars. I always buy from America but the Exchange rate is bad for us at the moment so am forced to look elsewhere.

Cheers

Dave
                             New Zealand

Udo

Hi Dave,

the prices for Bachmann are lower than in the US, a K26 is about 6300RMB, that is about 650€.
The 2-6-6-2 is about 5500RMB. A Spectrum Gondola is about 800RMB.

Because i am member of the local Bachmann Club, I get 15% discount.

The problem is here, that you cannot order special stuff in the shops (Bachmann has 3 shops in Shanghai). So you must always have a look what they just have.

With stuff from other manufacturers it is very difficult here.

I have a supplier in Hong Kong, who has a small shop in Shanghai too. But the stuff in G is very limited.

Mostly he has imported LGB, but for that the prices are high.