2-10-2 with Tsunami DCC and Sound Installed problems

Started by OkieRick, February 27, 2009, 10:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OkieRick

Good day folks,

The Soundtraxx Tsunami TSU-1000 S for Heavy Steam Locomotives is installed in the Bachmann 2-10-2 tender.  This 2-10-2 had DCC installed from the factory. 

The 2-10-2 worked ok on my DC oval with a MRC 220 DC transformer before the Tsunami implant.  My Proto 2000 2-10-2 with DCC and QSI sound works fine on this DC track as well as a Bachmann Russian Decapod "DCC Ready."

After installing the Tsunami I tried the locomotive on the DC 5'x6' oval.  The loco won't move, there are no lights but there is a very faint barely audible sound coming from the speaker.  If I was guessing I'd say it is the clanging of a bell or a repeated short quick steam release. 

I don't have a DCC controller (it'll be here next week).  Connections have been checked and rechecked.  There is a red LED inside the shrink wrap of this Tsunami that comes on.

Does this Tsunami need a setting or re-setting of a CV?

When some willing fingers arrive I plan on swapping out the Tsunami for the DCC decoder that came onboard.

Ideas or headscratching "hmmms" are welcome.

Thanks,
Okie Rick and his trick mouthstick.
Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

pdlethbridge

I hope running the DCC only decoder on DC didn't ruin the decoder.

pdlethbridge

OkieRick

A call to Soundtraxx gave me information and piece of mind.  The TSU-1000 Heavy Steam can be run on DC and DCC tracks.  It is set to operate on DCC by default.  Changing the value of CV29 to 6 enables "dual mode."

Rick
Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman