Ok, I'll bite... New Products? New Photos?

Started by Superheater, March 01, 2009, 09:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheater

Heard a lot about Thomas, but not much else in Large Scale.  That is expected; Toy Fair is usually about sets and Big Hauler in G scale and the 1:20 items come later.  But, there's a link above that tells people to click for photos of new things, and nothing since July appears.

Any chance someone could post what the photos would be of if they were there?

John Fitch

smcgill

Loco Bill Canelos

I don't believe there are any new Large Scale items for later this year, except the 1:20.3 long caboose due out in June.

Either I am wrong or Bachmann is keeping the lid on tighter than ever before!!!

Looks like things are slowing down as far as new goodies go :(.

It would seem that 1:22.5 is dead at Bachmann.  No new sets and no new paint jobs, even for existing rolling stock.  Not even Circus stuff!

Anyone seen a 2009 Catalog??
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

calenelson

No "New" Product Here, but did stumble over this fine model from Don Gage:

found here:
http://4largescale.com/DonGage/12.htm

"I found while searching through my idea books a 2-6-2T locomotive built for logging by The Baldwin Locomotive Works in 1913. The locomotive was built for a logging oufit in Castle Rock, Washington."-Don Gage

Now I could get Excited about that in Fn3!

cale

Hamish K

Quote from: Loco Bill Canelos on March 05, 2009, 10:48:38 PM
I don't believe there are any new Large Scale items for later this year, except the 1:20.3 long caboose due out in June.

Either I am wrong or Bachmann is keeping the lid on tighter than ever before!!!

Looks like things are slowing down as far as new goodies go :(.

It would seem that 1:22.5 is dead at Bachmann.  No new sets and no new paint jobs, even for existing rolling stock.  Not even Circus stuff!

Anyone seen a 2009 Catalog??

I have not seen the catalogue but from some internet shop postings it seems that there are 2 new LS sets, both with the Davenport Gas-Mechanical, and some new paint jobs for LS  rolling stock, e.g. billboard reefers for dairies amongst others. It is hard to tell from the internet shop postings - they are not always reliable. I don't undersand why the normal announcement list has not been posted on this site for the Toy Fair announcements.

Hamish

Casey_Jones

What would be nice is better quality track and some options for curved track radius and remote switches. 

I wonder if we will see highly detailed passenger cars to go with the new highly detailed rolling stock.

With Marklin/LGB on life support, Bachmann is in a great position to completely take over the LS Narrow Gauge market.  Aristo has some offerings as does Hartland Locomotive Works, but they do not stand up to the Bachmann quality and selection.