News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

What it are?

Started by richG, March 08, 2009, 07:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richG

bevernie

;DGREETINGS!! ???Looks like some kind of contraption used to haul some kind of ore in a mine shaft?? :o Could it be?? :-\
                                                                                                THANX!!
                                                                                                   Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

az2rail

I agree with Ernie. It is either a mining car, or a ballast car. I kind of looks like a dump truck bed on trucks.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Guilford Guy

Quote from: bevernie on March 08, 2009, 07:53:30 PM
;DGREETINGS!! ???Looks like some kind of contraption used to haul some kind of ore in a mine shaft?? :o Could it be?? :-\
                                                                                                THANX!!
                                                                                                   Ernie
No, look, it has roller bearings.
Alex

glennk28

First question--where is it?  It looks to be something shop-built to move something around a work area.  I don't see anything like brakes, nor a way of dumping it. But whatever it is used for must be fairly heavy to use a truck like this.  gj

Paul W.

It's definitly a dump truck body. You can see where the lights were as well as the gate release lever on the front. However, it looks like there is a pivot in the center on the bottom. Like alot of MOW equipment, they make what they need.

I'd like to know where it's at.
Happy Steamin'

Paul

richG

It is a dump body on a standard truck. Does not look like it has been used. I see it almost every day on a siding for the Pioneer Valley railroad in Westfield MA not far from exit 3 on the Mass turnpike. It is a 15 mile short line that connects with the CSX in Westfield.  It has brakes, air tank, two quick release air connectors, a electrical connector like I have seen on battery powered fork trucks. No couplers. Chains are used to pull it. There is a pull rod to release a cam so the dump body can swivel to either side.
Some day I will stop by the railroad office and inquire about it.

http://www.pinsly.com/pioneer-valley/

Rich

Santa Fe buff

It looks as if it was probably used on a maintance track for holding supplies?

Josh
- Joshua Bauer