News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The changing time.

Started by RAM, March 03, 2009, 08:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAM

Just a little note to all our customers,

Bowser has discontinued HO steam locos, turntables, Standard gauge and O gauge replacement wheel production.

We will continue to make our HO diesel locomotives, HO freight car, N freight cars, HO trolleys, Cal Scale, Selley and Cary detail parts

We have plans for many new products but, they do not include any steam locos in any scale.

Steam loco parts are still available but when our supply is exhausted I do not plan to restock.

Thank You for all your interest over the years.

Lee English, President 
~Randy~

Sorry to see them go.

Yampa Bob

I use a lot of Bowser brass ladder stock for HO, mostly for tenders and cabooses to dress them up. I wonder if they will be discontinued also.  The original ones were nicely made with rounded rungs, the new ones are just flat stampings so I have to do a lot of filing to round them out, but they look nice.

Luckily I have about a dozen left, but might need some more. Guess I better call and see if they have any left.

For box cars I use the ladders from Don Tichy, he has a lot of nice detail parts.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Johnson Bar Jeff

Wow. Sad news.  :(

I think Bowser steam locomotives have been around longer than I have.

Pacific Northern

End of steam kits, too bad. 

When I first entered the hobby years ago (1970's) I had a couple of Bowser kits then, great pulling engines. 

I picked up a couple of Bowser kits a year or so ago for when I retire in a couple of years.

Well, if Bowser can not compete in the Steam Kit market then I guess any hope of seeing MDC/Roundhouse bring back their steam kits is hopeless.
Pacific Northern