News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Delta 2 wheel trailing truck for 4-8-2

Started by T Cline, March 15, 2009, 02:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Cline

I posed a question about this about a month ago and everybody said "good luck". Well, I called Bachmann and explained what I was doing and they sent me a truck that fits perfectly. This is the second time that I've contacted Bachmann, and both times, I gotta' say, they have a great service dept.!
So, what's the big "mystique" about not being able to get Bachmann parts? Was I just lucky, or are you guys not doing your homework?
I'm not modeling the steam era on my layout, this is just a "One-off" project for my excursion steamer, but well worth it. The Bachmann heavy 4-8-2 is, with some extensive modification, a spitting image of the GTW U-1-c 4-8-2's  This will be the 6039, the one currently rotting away at Steamtown. My scenario is that GTW reclaimed her in the mid-1970's and shopped her for company excursion service much the same as N&W did in the late 1980's.

Yampa Bob

The truck was possibly removed from a locomotive that was returned as defective and replaced rather than repaired.

I once called to order four of the trailing trucks for some bashing projects, and was told none were available at that time
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.