News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Availability of spare parts

Started by ray lombardi, March 05, 2009, 08:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ray lombardi

I have quite a few of the Bachmann HO products. Generally speaking they perform very well. However when you need a spare part, you are out of luck. There are only 19 spare parts shown on the website. For instance I am looking for the instruction sheet for a GS-4, so that I can order parts for repair. Am I missing something or are others having the same difficulty with replacement parts? If I cannot get replacement parts for even current locos, why inverst in a non-maintainable product? AQnyone have any suggestions other than find a basket case and cannibalize it for spare parts? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Pacific Northern

This subject has been discussed many times on this Forum.  In essence there is no parts department at Bachmann. 

Many owners have had to send in their engine and receive in most instances a new replacement engine.  It appears that repairs to engines are also far and few between.  Bachmann stands behind their products, just be prepared to receive a new unit should a problem develope.
Pacific Northern

taz-of-boyds

Perhaps an expanded spare parts department could be be an enhancement Bachmann can provide in the future?
Charles

Jhanecker2

Unfortunately , it is very difficult to stock repair parts if you don't manufacture the products locally and have access to the parts suppliers.
The realities of a Global Economy is that is the Vast Gap between the ultimate user and the manufacturer means there is no direct accountability.

Tim

Not true

I can name four other very well known manufacturers that build in
China, Japan, Korea, that can and will supply parts for their models.

Tim Anders
Souderton, PA

Stephen D. Richards

Call them on the Service Department phone and give them your parts request.  They will call you back and advised if they have them or not.  At this point, if they have them, they will advise you of the cost shipping.  At least this method has served me very well.  They don't stock parts but they get them in all the time.  I will leave it to your imagination as to where they come from.  Might make a good horror movie!  lol      Stephen

Yampa Bob

Wouldn't we all love to see a bunch of pictures or a video of Bachmann service department, and the loco/car graveyard?   

How about it Mr B.?  Inquisitive minds want to know.  :D

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Atlantic Central

My offer to Bachmann still stands, send me the rejects and I will run a parts department, if suitable terms can be arranged.

Sheldon