News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

What's wrong?

Started by Rickenbacker 325, March 07, 2009, 05:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickenbacker 325

Hi, I have just bought two new diesels from Hobby Town U.S.A. and I got a Santa Fe (red, black, yellow, and silver) diesel. and a CSX SD-40 (I Think?). Both DCC. The Santa Fe runs great, I ran it at the WRMRRM A.K.A Western Reserve Model RailRoad Museum and It could pull 28 coal cars and 1 caboose ;D on the flat part and on the 2% hill. It runs smoothly and fast :o. I give it a 10 out of 10. ;D The CSX on the other hand would not move at all >:(. The lights would not go on when asked, and started to make a humming noise even though the engine had no sound. :-\ We could not even change the programing number. It was N.I.B. (new in box) >:(. Any help ??? ?

Tylerf

Rickenbacker 325

Bachmann,  Forgot to say that :-[ :-[ :-[

Tylerf

Could be the decoder, if you have the ability to pull out the decoder and test it that might be the best thing. But be careful if you do do that to not reck anything just in case that's not the problem and you need to return it. I have one bachmann gp38 with dcc and it has had mo problems and generally runs very well

Paul M.

take it to the store to see if they can identify the problem. If you're not sure of what you're doing once you've taken the shell off of the frame, don't do anything. You might make the problem worse.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific