Bachmann DCC Turnouts and Dynamis DCC System

Started by Wayne Norman, March 07, 2009, 09:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne Norman

Having trouble getting my Bachmann DCC Turnouts to work with the Dynamis
DCC System. They worked fine with the EZ Command control system. The
instruction booklet that comes with the Dynamis system is not too clear on how to program to toggle the turnouts. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.

the Bach-man

Dear Wayne,
To program a turnout, press the left-most button under the screen, and simply set the address with the joystick. Then press the set button on the turnout until the turnout clicks back and forth. Remember that the standard turnouts (at least the ones I have) seem to throw opposite the indication symbol.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Kris Everett

switch the green wire that goes to the switch take it from the position  that its in now and flip 180 and put it back in that should fix your prob ;D :D :)

Anthony P2

i have 2 questions about the Dynamis system: can you run DC locomotives with Dynamis?
                                                                          do i have to get DCC ready points if i convert to DCC?

Jim Banner

No.  The Dynamis cannot run dc locomotives.  (All the more motivation to convert.)

No. Turnouts that will work with dc on the rails will also work with DCC on the rails.  But with DCC you also have the option of using turnouts that can be thrown by DCC using either external decoders or built in ones.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Anthony P2

thanks Jim. I have mostly "Thomas" engines and i want to convert them to dcc, plus i wanted to know this ahead of time before i ordered the dynamis system.

rbratton

Have attempted to follow the instructions linked to this issue: "To program a turnout, press the left-most button under the screen, and simply set the address with the joystick. Then press the set button on the turnout until the turnout clicks back and forth."  Have been able to get the turn out to respond initially, but once leaving the accessories screen and returning the turn out is no longer working.  I have been attempting to use location #1, for the turnout.  Any suggestions or ideas?