News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Pacific with Vandy Tender

Started by TempesT, March 10, 2009, 09:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TempesT

I have a K4 "Pacific" locomotive (Spectrum, item #84013) and i bought a Vanderbilt long tender for it (Spectrum, item #89911), but the coupler tabs just don't fit, besides wires connections seems to be different too. Does anybody knows something about this? ???

Thank you

SteamGene

First of all, if you want to be authentic, the PRR never used Vanderbilt tenders.
I'd have to go to the barn to check on the wiring of the tender, however some Bachmann steam has the wires coming from the loco and some from the tender.  There is a universal wire bundle that comes with some of the tenders - male on one end and female on the other so the owner can match up tenders. 
Do I understand you to say that the PRR K4 Pacific has the draw bar on the tender and the post on the locomotive?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

TempesT

Fisrt of all, thank you for replying, Gene. In fact, I'm trying to use this kind of tender to turn my Pacific into a private railroad, but I'm about to give up on it.  :)
The wire bundles female and male, matches, no problem, just their shapes seems to be a bit different, at least it's what their colours suggest. All the others Spectrum steam locomotives have "orange" bundles, while this Pacific is white coulored. I guess there is a reason for that, but no problem, all the DCC card can be switched if I get over the draw bar difference.
Btw, wires come from the tender, in both cases.
This Pacific draw bar is completely different, it looks like a double "y" 180° opposite, so both ends are equal and there are posts on both (4) ends; so no matter the way you assemble it, you'll get the same end shape. Weird, I may say :)
I'm starting to think I better let it as it is and use this tender in another locomotive.
Thank you for your time, once more.
Temp.

Daylight4449

I need a pacific k1 with vandy tender for my nys&w.