Pullman Green is same as Santa Fe Green?

Started by celtchair, March 18, 2009, 02:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celtchair

Please excuse my ignorance, but is the SPECTRUM HO HEAVYWEIGHT TRAIN COMBINE GREEN 89521 "Pullman green' the same as the green on Bachmann SPECTRUM item number 89313 Heavyweight Passenger Coach #837 Santa Fe? I hope to make up a consist using both cars but the photos on ebay seem to show a different tone or shade.

Thanks,
Jeremy

pdlethbridge

I have found that no 2 cars were ever the same color in a train because of the way they weathered. New cars were darker, older were lighter, etc. I suspect that some cars were different colors on each side

az2rail

Not to mention that different batches of paint where never quite the same either.

I don't know if they are pullman green or not, but the point is that if you come up with close but not quite, you will be prototypical.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

celtchair

Good points.   Thanks for the help.  Want a coach and combine to add to my brass M-160 I'm restoring.

glennk28

"Pullman Green" is extremely variable in color-even in the same brand over a span of year's.  If you want a matching train, you'll almost have to paint it all at once, or at least set aside several bottles of paint from the same carton.  jg

Paul M.

Pullman Green was THE standard passenger car color for almost fifty years...

Almost all railroads had their own cars painted to match the Pullman pool cars.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific