News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC EZ Commander

Started by Tato, March 08, 2009, 11:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tato

I have just buy an Atlas Susquehanna 2000 C420 DC/DCC w/sound. I put it in my layout and nothing happens. I have a Bachmann EZ Command Control Center, model 44901 and a 5 Amps Power Booster. All my other locos works nicely. I read all the Atlas instructions and they don't say nothing about Bachmann EZ Control. My DCC system is compatible with all NMRA DCC specifications. I understand that the locomitve that I bought is supposed to work with my system.  I tried to program with all the 10 numbers of my control, but I couldn't program it.  Please tell me what can I do. ???

Yampa Bob

Atlas locos have a switch under the exhaust stack to change from analog to DCC. The switch is supposed to be set to digital mode as shipped, but may have been changed.

http://www.atlasrr.com/Images/TechDrawings/U30CDecoderInstModel.gif

Also, the default address is the last two digits of the road number. You have to follow the "address higher than 10" instructions, bottom of page 3 in the EZ Command manual.

That's all I can think of, others may comment.

Regards
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Tato

Thank you. I appreciate your answer, but my loco doesn't have any switch under the exhaust stack.  I understand that this loco works different.  The decoder takes care of that. Thanks again for your help.

Yampa Bob

Were you able to change the address with your EZ Command?

Tato

No, I couldn't change the adress number yet. Thank you.
Jose

Yampa Bob

You might want to post your problem on the Atlas forum, however they will probably blame the EZ Command controller as not being compatible with Atlas decoders.

Of course the Atlas instructions won't tell you how to change addresses with a Bachmann product.

I'm sure if you follow the instructions I mentioned, you should be able to change the address. If not, then you may have a defective decoder.

Good luck

boomertom

Quote from: Yampa Bob on March 12, 2009, 12:35:58 AM
You might want to post your problem on the Atlas forum, however they will probably blame the EZ Command controller as not being compatible with Atlas decoders.

In fact you will likly be made to feel like a second class citizen for not using a "real" DCC System.  There exists a huge biasis against the E-Z Command.

In reality if the decoder in question is NMRA compliant, E-Z Command should have no problem in changing address.

Tom
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

Tato

Thank for your advise. I tried everything and nothing worked, so I returned the loco back to the seller.  He send me a new one that works perfect.
Thank you.
Tato

Yampa Bob

You're welcome, and thanks for reporting your progress, we are glad you now have a working locomotive.

Have fun.