Bachmann wont call me back, need help with N-scale engine

Started by Billiumss, March 12, 2009, 06:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billiumss

I've called Bachmann twice over the past 2-3 weeks or so and no return calls.

Before Christmas, my inlaws bought my son the "Thunder Valley" N scale train set for Christmas at my local hobby store.

I bought a bunch of track to make a unique layout along with a HO and O gauge layout on the same board.

Everything was fine and then all of a sudden the engine doesn't go anymore. The front light comes on but the motor does turn. Sometimes you can get a hum out of it. I tried to move the wheels with my fingers and it doesn't help.

Since my inlaws bought the set and I don't have a receipt is there any way I can get the engine fixed/replace under warranty?

Bachmann please help me!

Bill

Atlantic Central

Do you still have the box, instructions, etc?

If so you should have the service address, or it is on this web site somewhere.

Write a note discribing the problem, pack it up and sent it in (just the inop loco).

They will send you a new one. It may take a while. service turn around is often 6 weeks. But they will take care of it.

If and when you get them on the phone, this is likely what they will ask you to do. Those of us with experiance dealing with Bachmann service know the drill. You can keep calling until you get someone or just send it and wait.

Sheldon

James in FL

If the light is on and the motor is humming, it's trying to turn.
Something is in a bind.
You state the light is on, that means your getting power into the loco.

If you feel your mechanical skills are adequate, open the loco up buy removing the shell and applying low power and see if you can find the bind.
You will not be able to turn the wheels with your finger, and rotate the drive, without power applied.
If you can, you have problems.

First thing I would try is to clean the track and the wheels.