News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC in new Connie

Started by Arizona, March 25, 2007, 07:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arizona

Just purchased a new connie with installed Sierra sound and am looking for a step by step instruction page on the net for installing an NCED408SR DCC decoder.  Anyone know if there is one on the net?
Thanks,
Bob

John B

A friend of mine and me both put a Digitrax 583 into our Connies.  We both came to the conclusion it was just easier to remove the Connie’s' circuit board and wire the decoder straight into her.  BM did a much better job with the 38 ton Shay so you can leave the board in it.  But with the Connie you are better off removing the circuit board.  Also, tighten up the screws on the Connie’s gearbox.  Use a little locktite.  If you can't find the procedure on this site, look over on Mylargescale.com.  You also need to remove the small circuit board on the motor too.  I think it was because it causes interference with the decoder.  Do a search on this site and Mylargescale and you should find all the details. 

Nathan

Go to ncedcc.com.  They have all the manuals on line.  Also soundtraxx has some online information you may want to look at..